cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rving coming to an end

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Been rving since 2003. Guess we will have to give it up. DW has Ovarian cancer. Guess we will sell the 5th and hopefully get loan paid off. We may get a small bumper pull later on. Really hate to admit getting older and quitting what we loved doing together.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch
20 REPLIES 20

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Will most likely begin radiation treatment in early January.

Have three trips planned before end of year. As the treatments are daily M-F for 9 weeks we won't be able to RV much during that time. We'll take off some Friday's midday and come back Sunday for a few short weekend trips to keep us RV'ing. Will wait and see after that.

Even short weekend trips may be worth it if possible for you and your wife.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes for your wife Ken. Don't ever give up, the power of prayers works. Sure hope you get to continue RVing, even if this just delays your adventures.

Hang in there.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wishing your wife well.

The day will come when we all have to give up the RV lifestyle. It won't be a happy day. We went into it with a plan to have it 4-5 years. 14 years later we are still at it with no plans to stop but realise there will not be another 14 years.

Something will give. Health, finances, tired of it, run out of places to go, truck wore out, trailer wore out. Something will demand that we stop.

Even if that time is next year it has been one helluva ride. There are thousands of pictures to remember it by.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes to your wife and you. Its hard to say what the best thing to do is other than what you believe to be right. Take care, and I hope that this is not truly the end of rv'ing for your family.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
kennethwooster wrote:
Been rving since 2003. Guess we will have to give it up. DW has Ovarian cancer. Guess we will sell the 5th and hopefully get loan paid off. We may get a small bumper pull later on. Really hate to admit getting older and quitting what we loved doing together.

similar story for us so we sold the alpenlite and now a 2021 Jayco Whitehawk in in the driveway just for a feel good feeling foe wife. Might never use it but just maybe we will. 80 coming up next year for us.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck... ill be praying!
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear your news. Best wishes for *both* of you as you travel this new and bumpy road.
www.putt10.net

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Prayers for your wife.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish her the very best on a full and speedy recovery.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry to hear about your wife's health problems. With todays modern science and technology, hopefully she will recover 100%. And, you will be back out on the road.

The doctors told me my husband would never be able to travel again in 2008... we made a trip from FL to Branson, MO that winter and traveled until 2015 when he passed away... Don't give up HOPE!

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ken, I hope , and pray for the best for you, and your wife. If she's like mine, they are no happier than when rolling down the highway with the rv.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your troubles and pray she gets through this.
We too are at an end to camping, traveling. Bought a new Aliner last year, got to use it one weekend, then Covid shuts stuff down and now wife's dementia taking its toll. Staying close to home but we've had 18 years of fun traveling and camping this great land.
Time to make room for the younger generations I guess.
Lee
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sorry to hear about this.

Obviously, taking care of her is first priority but try to look for ways to keep the dream going...within her limitations.

Father-in-law retired, bought a new truck and big 5th wheel and 2 months later was diagnosed with ALS. This got us thinking...spent a year getting our finances in order, sold the house and moved onto the boat. Been traveling one way or another for the last 13 years.

There's no guarantees of tomorrow.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry to hear about Diana's illness. Have always appreciated your posts on this forum. Will pray for you both.