Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roadside Assistance Plans Specific Coverage
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance Plans Specific Coverage

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/20 08:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I notice that most Roadside Assistance Plans reimburse for lodging, food, and etc. in the event of an accident with your RV. I don't see any of the plans that reimburse for lodging, food, and etc. in the event of a breakdown that needs repair service that is not caused by an accident. Are there any such plans and, if not, why not? One would think that the majority of the time you would need that reimbursement for lodging and food while your RV is in a shop far from home.

Thanks Much

Dave

Lwiddis

Lake Crowley area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/20 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Are there any such plans and, if not, why not?”

Cuzz insurance companies don’t want to write such coverage, don’t believe they’ll be able to sell that coverage due to price or lack of interest, their actuaries can’t predict the payouts, a fraud issue is perceived and/or no profit in that coverage. Why cover food?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/20 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Floridastorm wrote:

One would think that the majority of the time you would need that reimbursement for lodging and food while your RV is in a shop far from home.

Thanks Much

Dave

This would seem to be the answer to your question. Coverage for lodging and meals while a rig is in the shop would lead to such widespread claims that the cost of the plan would skyrocket.

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Good Sam Extended Service Plan does. Reimbursement up to 10 days.
$100.00 per day for meals and lodging and up to $60.00 per day for rental car costs.

JimR

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/20 06:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The FMCA Roadside Assistance Plan does reimburse you for lodging and meals in the event of a breakdown. see benefit details below,

TRIP INTERRUPTION BENEFITS
In the event of a RV mechanical breakdown, Company will reimburse Member up to three hundred dollars ($300) per day for a maximum of five(5) days ($1,500 total) for lodging and meals when the customer is more than one hundred (100) miles from home and the vehicle must be kept for repairs
at the li-censed repair facility. Member must submit receipts and verification of repairs to Company for benefit reimbursement. This benefit is limited to one (1) incident per any given twelve (12) month period during the term of your membership.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/20 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimR 1 wrote:

$100.00 per day for meals and lodging and up to $60.00 per day for rental car costs.

JimR

Are you sure that the Good Sam plan reimburses in the event of a breakdown? I read it as in the event of an accident.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/20 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IB853347201 wrote:

The FMCA Roadside Assistance Plan does reimburse you for lodging and meals in the event of a breakdown. see benefit details below,

TRIP INTERRUPTION BENEFITS
In the event of a RV mechanical breakdown, Company will reimburse Member up to three hundred dollars ($300) per day for a maximum of five(5) days ($1,500 total) for lodging and meals when the customer is more than one hundred (100) miles from home and the vehicle must be kept for repairs
at the li-censed repair facility. Member must submit receipts and verification of repairs to Company for benefit reimbursement. This benefit is limited to one (1) incident per any given twelve (12) month period during the term of your membership.

Looks like a very good program. Think you have to be a member of the FMCA Club and then you can get the FMCA Roadside Rescue which does seem to provide trip interruption reimbursement up to $1,500. This is good to know and thank you.

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/20 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Floridastorm wrote:

JimR 1 wrote:

JimR

Are you sure that the Good Sam plan reimburses in the event of a breakdown? I read it as in the event of an accident.

Yes I quoted from my Good Sam Extended Service Plan under the Gold Terms and Conditions Service Plan under Trip Interruption. I have a Class A Motorhome.

If I need a tow I will call my tow company and then have Good Sam pay for the covered repair. Under conditions I can get reimbursement for motel and food and a rental car.

If I have a collision my insurance or the other guys will cover the cost of the repair in that policy I do believe I have car rental and not sure about any other coverage for motel or meals.

JimR

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/20 06:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimR 1 wrote:

Floridastorm wrote:

JimR 1 wrote:

JimR

Yes I quoted from my Good Sam Extended Service Plan under the Gold Terms and Conditions Service Plan under Trip Interruption. I have a Class A Motorhome.

If I need a tow I will call my tow company and then have Good Sam pay for the covered repair. Under conditions I can get reimbursement for motel and food and a rental car.

If I have a collision my insurance or the other guys will cover the cost of the repair in that policy I do believe I have car rental and not sure about any other coverage for motel or meals.

JimR

Possibly I just read the fine print incorrectly. I thought it odd that it only covered lodging and food for an accident and not a breakdown.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/20 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most posts a GS rep posts quickly. Wonder why no front office reply on this.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance Plans Specific Coverage
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.