cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a Coachmen Spirit 2557RB from Country Roads RV

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
So far, it has been a very good experience. We stopped by a couple of weeks ago and talked to one of their many "retired" salesmen. They are all quite laid back and knowledgeable. The unit they had didn't have the 12V frig or ladder. They even beat the best finance rate I could find by .75%. They just got one in a week ago with the 12V frig, 15K ac and they don't offer a ladder, so I'll buy a telescoping aluminum one and be done. For the two of us, this floorplan really blew us both away. I originally wanted the Freedom Express 279RLDSLE, but they have stopped producing them unless I ordered it with a minimum $2000 price increase and might have it in January. Not in a hurry, but not into ordering in these uncertain times with vendors having issues. They told me they expect another price increase in the spring. Now is the time to buy if you can find something on the ground that floats your boat.
This trailer has a lot of really neat features. Drawer storage under the bed, hidden pantry/closet behind the tv, crazy awesome bath, theater style recliners, etc. Wish it had the hidden hinge cabinets and full fiberglass front end, but you can't always find everything in one unit! It does have the PVC roof and Azdel in the siding. We pick it up Friday the 13th!! Head to Destin FL Sunday the 15th and are thrilled we won't be in our 17 foot TT.
6 REPLIES 6

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Well, just like every trailer, this one is proving my other crapshoot post to be true. This is something that frustrates me as an automotive service advisor, poor technician procedures. They never tested this 12V frig as only the freezer works. I called Forest River and based on what I told them it was doing, they said Furrion said it must have a leak. So they ordered a new one and are sending it to my dealer. Thankfully we have the dorm style frig in the outdoor kitchenette. It was also missing the cell phone charger, one HVAC heat duct diffuser, the shower caddy, and one medicine cabinet door was scratched. Most of that stuff is trivial, but c'mon, you charged me a $399 PDI type fee. So we are rerouting our trip home to be able to drop the trailer off Saturday before they close at 1pm. Figure it's our last trip of the season, they can keep it until everything is right.

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I just today found another local rv dealer to me that has Heartland Sundance TT's and gotta say they appear impressive. Neither had the theater seats, so we wouldn't have hooked up, but I would like to have checked them out. They only seem to advertise on Craigslist.

poorboy
Explorer
Explorer
enjoy it, good luck, have fun
2013 Chevy 2500 CC LTZ D'Max 4x4
2014 Jayco Eagle 298RLDS
2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2017 peterbilt.
Truckin 38 yrs. Car Hauler 25 yrs. Camping my whole life

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty good video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZFs3Gfaq0

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks the research will make your head spin off, but at least I didn't take months or a year like some of the folks I see on youtube. Looking forward to lounging inside for the first time ever!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new RV.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad