Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Financing for Park Model in Colorado?? Please help!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Financing for Park Model in Colorado?? Please help!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
ARhyner

Fairplay, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello everyone!

I have found my perfect little home (it's even deeded with the lot) in Fairplay, Colorado, and am co-signing with my mom. We have already been approved for a home that costs significantly more than the park model I'm looking at, however I can't seem to find anyone who will finance this for us.

I saw a posting from 2014 by Crabbin Cabin saying he financed his with a CU, but I'm not able to track this user down.

The owner will be placing it on the market soon unless we can secure financing. Any recommendations are so greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/20 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try your Credit Union.

Lwiddis

Death Valley NP

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/20 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How old is the park model? When you can’t finance (and it isn’t your credit) be careful. It’s a warning. Such as, why wouldn’t an owner list the park model? Why give a “deal” to you? What value did the RE appraiser give?

* This post was edited 11/06/20 04:02pm by Lwiddis *

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ARhyner

Fairplay, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/20 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the suggestion. They were the first ones I tried, since I've been a member for more than 10 years. I have tried about 4 other credit unions, in addition to about 10 lenders.

Any other options?

Lwiddis

Death Valley NP

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/20 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was the trailer professional’s inspection clean?

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/20 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any financing that requires a cosigner will be scrutinized much greater than a standard loan. For example, having your mom cosign with you for a Toyota might very well get approved while you would be rapidly rejected for a Motorcycle even though it is less expensive. Same with home loans. A sticks and bricks home is much different than a park model. The stick and brick likely won't depreciate. The stick and brick can't be towed to a different location overnight. The Park Model loan can't be sold to Fanny Mae or Freddy Mac or packaged as part of a mortgage backed security. A Park model is almost assuredly viewed by the lenders as a luxury item, not shelter. If you want to buy a home with your mother as a cosigner (a different discussion you really need to have) a traditional home is going to be your best option as far as obtaining financing is concerned.

ARhyner

Fairplay, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/20 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is very insightful, thank you!

Although, it's interesting that many lenders I initially spoke to didn't even get as far to know that I'm cosigning.

Either way, this gives me some ideas about how to proceed.

Thanks again!

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/20 02:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ARhyner wrote:

Hello everyone!

I have found my perfect little home (it's even deeded with the lot) in Fairplay, Colorado, and am co-signing with my mom. We have already been approved for a home that costs significantly more than the park model I'm looking at, however I can't seem to find anyone who will finance this for us.

I saw a posting from 2014 by Crabbin Cabin saying he financed his with a CU, but I'm not able to track this user down.

The owner will be placing it on the market soon unless we can secure financing. Any recommendations are so greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

What's a Park Model thread doing in the Hybrid section?[emoticon]

Moderator notified.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ARhyner

Fairplay, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/20 05:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would love to put this in the proper forum, but didn't see park model or anything close to it anywhere in the list. Considering it is a hybrid of sorts, this was my closest guess. I welcome your suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/20 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A park model trailer is a depreciating asset that could disappear tomorrow. Banks tend to be conservative.

Do your mom a favor and have her talk to a financial guy to get an independent view of her participation in this deal. You shouldn't go with her to this meeting. If you need a co-signer, it usually means you aren't a good risk and she will be on the hook for it if you fail to pay off the loan. Now if she's worth $5mil, it may be no big deal if she has to cover a $20k loan for you but if she's not worth a lot and the loan is big...having to pay off this loan will really impact her retirement, you are asking a lot of her.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Financing for Park Model in Colorado?? Please help!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.