cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Collapsible ladder?

kopy_kat
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about getting an aluminum ladder to reach slide tops, curious as to what any of you folks bought.

Thanks, Larry
2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"
19 REPLIES 19

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 10.5 Ft collapsible ladder for our 5th wheel. I would recommend the 12.5 ft or taller.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 15โ€™ alum ext ladder fastened to my basement ceiling. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I bought a relatively cheap 10.5 foot telescoping ladder to use as an escape ladder, and use it often for work on the trailer roof. My experience with the telescoping ladders has been very positive, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Above 7' double sided, foldable step is what I use also. It is a sturdy, easy to use ladder, that takes up little space. I often stand on top rungs, one foot on each side, with no issue of balance/unsteady feel.

I still have a 14'telescoping extend a ladder, but never liked it for RV use.

Jerry

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Used to carry the collapsable one.
Switched to tiis 7'er double sided.

Folds up and fits in fence post cover.

Able to get from either side.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Been carrying This One compact and stores well.

This is the one I like. It has a much high weight rating(330 lbs) than some of them. Some are only rated at 225 lbs. and I exceed that even if I am not carrying anything.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
outdoorlovers wrote:
Amazon ladder

This is what we have and we love it.

I have one of these also. Just watch you clean and lubracat them every once and a while or they get sticky.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been carrying This One compact and stores well.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
I use a collapsible extension and a folding A frame. A frame rides in the 5โ€ sewer hose storage (fits perfectly) and collapsed rides in front bulkhead storage. The little giant sound do the job of both but does not fold up enough for me. The collapsable does break down to an A frame however.
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

Itโ€™s not what youโ€™ve done that commands respect, itโ€™s what you do.

Happy Campinโ€™

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We use a collapse-able one like the above poster, have had it now for 8 years with no problems. We had a "bag" for it but it finally gave out now we just keep it covered with a heavy duty leaf bag. It fits between the mounted ladder and the rear of the 5'er. Good Luck, and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I have had this one from Camping World for several years now. It is very stable, even when standing near the top and takes very little space in the basement. And best of all, it is a stepladder which does not require you to lean it against the side of your rig, which has the potential to damage it and allows you to place it as close or as far away from it as you wish.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I have what Second has. Works fine.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon ladder

This is what we have and we love it.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Sjm9911 wrote:
I didnt like the revies on the cheaper ones that fold to nothing, plus you need to lean them on something. I found this, not confterble for using as a job ladder but perfect for the camper. I put it in a vinyl fence post c clamped to the the rear bumper. Works great, and I can trim a tree if the campground neglects stuff. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IJUL4O/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They make them with steps on only one side too.Here
Steps on one side would be Here