cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

back up and side view cameras

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered a new fifth wheel with a factory installed back up camera and side view as well. Is there a way that I can connect these to my camera system in my 2020 GMC Sierra with out rewiring the cameras?

If so this would be a lot better then viewing them through an additional monitor.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
5 REPLIES 5

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
The cameras will display and time out after 8 seconds. Unless I am in reverse the camera will stay on until I go back to drive then switches to front camera until I exceed 8 miles per hour.

If I have a back up camera on the trailer and a camera inside the trailer. Both wired and plug into my trucks bumper camera port they will stay on all the time if I choose.
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Unlikely without some additional components like lockpick, and I don't know if that will even work. OEMs do not permit cameras to be displayed while the vehicle is in motion. It may even be a written into the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

They will display on my Ram, but time out after about 15-20seconds.
If I am backing up it stays on as long as I am in reverse.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unlikely without some additional components like lockpick, and I don't know if that will even work. OEMs do not permit cameras to be displayed while the vehicle is in motion. It may even be a written into the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
To my knowledge the cameras are wired through Jaycoโ€™s system. The RV has its own WiFi system and the camera comes with a small monitor for the truck that works with head lights on.
But I trying to figure out if I can utilize the cameras with the Truck display.
Dan & Patty
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are they wired or wireless cameras on the trailer. Your truck has 2 camera inputs just above the 7-way connector on the back of your truck. If you connect the 2 rear view cameras of the trailer to these it should work.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A