cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommend a campground in Missouri

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a campground in Missouri for a month/6 weeks in May. FHU, concrete pad and paved roads. Somewhere that is at a cooler elevation. Would like an open camp site for satellite reception. We know from past experiences that we pay our own electric. Thank you for your recommendations and I hope they are from your personal experience staying there.
9 REPLIES 9

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johnson Shut Ins SP will fit your rig and it's a great scenic spot.

If you insist on a private RV park, check out Big Creek RV park in Annapolis, Mo. All pull thrus, close to Johnson Shut Ins, Elephant Rocks, Ozark Scenic Riverways,and the Arcadia Valley.

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Echo Bluff State Park, FHU, long concrete pads,small trees, paved roads. Except no cell service to speak of. Wifi calling. Dark sky. Cool off in the river. All nature activities. Not near any tourist area. It is about 1 1/2 hrs south of Rolla. You can stay 2 weeks. No elevation here to make a difference on temps.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
garmp, I appreciate your reply. I should have put in my post that we are a 40' diesel and can't get into most state parks. Also we find that most state parks have a lot of trees and tend to scratch the paint. We are looking for a big rig friendly park with concrete and few trees. Thanks again for your reply.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're looking for a MO SP here's a link you can check out which parks have full hook ups.

Hope this helps.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry...I don't get the spellcheck bit. Please explain.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
In the Branson area most parks do not have what you are looking for. I would give Americas Best a call and get more info. They are a very nice park https://www.abc-branson.com/
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I never consider a campground that doesnโ€™t hav3 spellcheck.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Spell check running wild.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Lake of the Ozarks rec area. Family cam for military and retirees.