cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Traveler Problem

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Put the antenna down for travel this morning. Got to our destination, tried to set it up to connect and I get a message"no voltage to LNB". Any suggestions how to trouble shoot?
3 REPLIES 3

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar experience, after getting up on the roof and checking the voltage I called Wingard, they told me the cable from the turret to the LNB was most likely shot I ordered a replacement. In the mean time I โ€œfashionedโ€ my own cable. It worked but I did eventually switch out my homemade cable with the (much) better quality cable. Since then NO problems, that was two years ago!

Good luck with your situation.

Dan

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Will have to dig into it and see what I can find. I will wait until ETA goes away !!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
First, do the Calibrate EL routine described in your manual (or download online). Hopefully, that will resolve the issue.
If not, then it's likely that you will have to replace the coax (one or more depending upon DISH or DTV) that runs from the LNB to the top of the base. This is the most common cause of that error. You can use a standard coax temporarily to see if it fixes the problem. If it does you can find similar pre-made cables online or you may be able to order new cables from Winegard.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?