cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folding Camp Chairs

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Our current chairs are showing their age. I have a pair of A&E steel frame chairs that I love but DW thinks they lay back too far for her short legs. We also have a pair of the aluminum chairs with the fold up side table. They are good for her but the upright frame pieces are tearing through the back fabric.

What have you found that folds flat, is rugged and comfortable? No "bag" chairs please. The front leg bars cut the circulation in my wife's legs.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)
7 REPLIES 7

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReneeG wrote:
philh wrote:
You said no bag chairs, but we have found these chairs extremely comfortable.
Amazon Link

Same here. We have a friend that loves them and she's comfortable in them with her bad back and hip and can easily get up from it.

X3. Very comfortable chairs.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
We have these and like them. https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Freestyle-Portable-Folding/dp/B077J9N283 They don't fold up as small as a bag chair but they're more comfortable. It looks like they also have a version that folds up more, but may cause the same issues a normal bag chair would.

We have these and they are very comfortable and easy to get out of. Bought ours at Tractor Supply cheaper than Amazon

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought the folding director's type chairs with side table. Sam's had them on sale for $25. And they're nice. A bit heavy with the steel frame, but very comfortable. And fold up to a smallish package.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Amazon Link

Same here. We have a friend that loves them and she's comfortable in them with her bad back and hip and can easily get up from it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We have these and like them. https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Freestyle-Portable-Folding/dp/B077J9N283 They don't fold up as small as a bag chair but they're more comfortable. It looks like they also have a version that folds up more, but may cause the same issues a normal bag chair would.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon Link

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I have soem 15 year old well padded folding chairs/chaises. Trouble is the bay doors are too fr down and everything is competing for space...plus they are not light. Those collapsible chairs, we have a few and we take two with us also.
They are light and easy to store and retrieve but don't recline nor have foot rests.