Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: I Am severely dissapointed.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > I Am severely dissapointed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Cmccain13

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/28/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dblr wrote:

Reach out to the gentleman in the link ( I hope ) below as Coachman is owned by Forest River, he should be able to get you connected with the right person at the factory to offer you some help. Not sure where you are located but sometimes they might have you go to the factory and if so I would jump at the chance, will probably be fixed better then at the dealer. Good luck and keep us posted.

https://forestriverfrog.com/ContactUs.aspx


awesome thank you!

bobndot

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cmccain13 wrote:

dblr wrote:

Reach out to the gentleman in the link ( I hope ) below as Coachman is owned by Forest River, he should be able to get you connected with the right person at the factory to offer you some help. Not sure where you are located but sometimes they might have you go to the factory and if so I would jump at the chance, will probably be fixed better then at the dealer. Good luck and keep us posted.

https://forestriverfrog.com/ContactUs.aspx


awesome thank you!


When I was hanging out at my friends rv dealership I observed that people contacting the rep of the mfg was the best avenue for success.
Customers that left things up to the dealer to resolve things in their behalf were less likely to resolve issues.
Various dealers have different relations with the mfg.'s. Some of them get along and some absolutely do not and those customers suffer.

Reps tend to come and go as with the one that helped me.
On a positive note, I have a new Forest River and my rep worked with me 100% to resolve all my issues covered by warranty. A dealer that I know set me up to contact him directly and that worked out well.
We met at the dealership and we all had lunch together. It was actually a nice friendly afternoon with no attitudes on either end. I think a lot has to do how its all approached from the get-go. Just keep in mind the rep did not assemble your rv. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 11/09/20 07:07am by bobndot *

Cmccain13

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/28/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Cmccain13 wrote:

dblr wrote:

Reach out to the gentleman in the link ( I hope ) below as Coachman is owned by Forest River, he should be able to get you connected with the right person at the factory to offer you some help. Not sure where you are located but sometimes they might have you go to the factory and if so I would jump at the chance, will probably be fixed better then at the dealer. Good luck and keep us posted.

https://forestriverfrog.com/ContactUs.aspx


awesome thank you!


When I was hanging out at my friends rv dealership I observed that people contacting the rep of the mfg was the best avenue for success.
Customers that left things up to the dealer to resolve things in their behalf were less likely to resolve issues.
Various dealers have different relations with the mfg.'s. Some of them get along and some absolutely do not and those customers suffer.

Reps tend to come and go as with the one that helped me.
On a positive note, I have a new Forest River and my rep worked with me 100% to resolve all my issues covered by warranty. A dealer that I know set me up to contact him directly and that worked out well.
We met at the dealership and we all had lunch together. It was actually a nice friendly afternoon with no attitudes on either end. I think a lot has to do how its all approached from the get-go. Just keep in mind the rep did not assemble your rv. [emoticon]


Ok this is great news. One service rep did give me the number to the warranty rep with FR and i will be calling him today as well to explain the situation. thanks!

FunTwoDrv

NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/16/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might consider reaching out to Coachmen customer service:

Jason Johnson
Customer Service Representative (Concord, Freelander, Leprechaun)
+1 574-825-8451

William Willard

Brookins Oregon

Full Member

Joined: 05/30/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fixing the roof is only part of your problem -- You`re probably going to be faced with a mold problem -- Even if it`s not visible,it could very well be in the insulation -- Be alert of any odd smell-- Bill Willard

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My rationale for suggesting contacting a lawyer immediately..Brand new, hasn't even taken delivery and it is leaking. That mean mould and rot. It didn't 'just start' leaking, either, I bet. Take possession and the problem then becomes the new owners.

But then, I am not lawyer, so anything I say is simply as a response to the situation. I have read enough stories on here of people that have spent years trying to get restitution and redress for their leaking RV's...usually without success, too.

I do wish you luck in your pursuit.

Gary Haupt


I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Cmccain13

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/28/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FunTwoDrv wrote:

Might consider reaching out to Coachmen customer service:

Jason Johnson
Customer Service Representative (Concord, Freelander, Leprechaun)
+1 574-825-8451


I actually had his number already and reached out to him. sent him the pictures and he it confident its just adhesive that leaked out and was not cleaned up.

ksg5000

Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 06/30/2008

View Profile



Posted: 11/09/20 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it were me I would start by contacting the Manager of the facility were you purchased the RV. I would explain that they asked you to stay in the RV overnight on their property to evaluate whether everything was working - when you pointing out the water leak their salesmen essentially lied. Now your stuck waiting for 6 weeks. The manager may move you up on the repair list.

My experience working with RV repair shops has been that getting mad doesn't help the situation. Talking with the boss often does.


Kevin

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cmccain13 wrote:

It was built brand new from coachmen. We actually had to wait for a month before we got it in from the manufacturer. I am supposed to take it in on teusday to have them look at it.


Pump the brakes. You went from 6 weeks to "Tuesday" which is now only 1 day away, in like 9 minutes.

Nowhere to stay?
Can't see the dealer working on it for more than a day or 2. So worst case you bring it in the day they're working on it and then take it home that day or the next? Sleep in it in the parking lot if it's that financially dependent.
(Note if it's major damage, this doesn't apply, but have you even looked to see where it's leaking, or just not interested in figuring it out and rather "trust" a RV dealer.) Also, do not "trust" a RV dealer, do your own due diligence.

* This post was edited 11/09/20 11:00am by Grit dog *


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/09/20 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cmccain13 wrote:


Yeah I have been loosing sleep over it actually lol, the issue is that were selling our house and going to be traveling for at least 2 years in the RV. I am trying to let it go and just get it fixed and move on but its really hard since we only have 3 weeks to get it fixed before we absolutely will be without a house, and their time frame for getting it resolved is longer. Ill know more tomorrow or Wednesday and then i can gauge what I'm really going to do. I think i just needed to vent and talk with someone that knows something about the industry and RV's in general. I appreciate the comment though and If its fixed I am fine but the service so far has felt like I've just been jerked around.

Fair enough. Have you actually inspected it for a leak? Any clue what you're looking for? If not, now is a good time to brush up on the basics of RV maintenance.
Basically, if it's a seam or a hole it "can" leak. Some seams are lapped where they really can't leak in (think siding on a house). Some are joined together and caulked and will leak if not properly caulked or sealed.
Now would be a great time to learn everything you can about it and also inspect the entire area where you think it's leaking.

Far better chance of a good outcome if you're informed.
For all you know, there's an area that simply got missed being caulked or sealed and is a $10 15 minute fix.

Good luck with the repairs and don't take the lawyer up yesterday advice. Holy smokes.....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

 > I Am severely dissapointed.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.