Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: I Am severely dissapointed.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> I Am severely dissapointed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

My rationale for suggesting contacting a lawyer immediately..Brand new, hasn't even taken delivery and it is leaking. That mean mould and rot. It didn't 'just start' leaking, either, I bet. Take possession and the problem then becomes the new owners.

But then, I am not lawyer, so anything I say is simply as a response to the situation. I have read enough stories on here of people that have spent years trying to get restitution and redress for their leaking RV's...usually without success, too.

I do wish you luck in your pursuit.

Gary Haupt

Now if he hadn't taken possession, he could simply refuse to take possession based on it being flawed and then could ask for his money back if they don't get it fixed within some short period of time. He would have the leverage as the dealer still wants the sale. No need to get a lawyer involved unless they refuse to refund his deposit.

In his second post, he says he's had it for 2 weeks...so the sale is a done deal and that leverage is long gone. A lawyer at this point will just muck things up.

Lawyers are rarely a good starting point when dealing with customer service.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another possibility here.
It could be "just a dripping noise" and not a leak. And you didn't say if the "evidence" was wet or not, but considering it was raining, it should be wet, right?

Maybe it is just a spot, not a leak and maybe it's leaking elsewhere or not at all.

As said above, do some of your own due diligence rather than jumping to very worrisome conclusions unless warranted.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure everything is in writing/email. Lack of a paper trail working something like this is a must. People have the natural feeling to pass the buck and let someone else handle it.

I’ve always found people/companies are willing to help and do what’s right if given a chance. I’ve found that with very few exceptions. Just document everything and be as nice and reasonable as you can be. I’ve seen too many become ugly Americans and lose the very thing they wanted. Firm can be most understandable, angry can go the other way. And that includes bad language, lot of folks won’t stand for that!

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 honey always wins over vinegar.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is sad to read your story. Unfortunately your experience is not all that uncommon in the RV industry, especially with entry level motor homes. Many RVs brand new have such issues.

Given your particular situation with no other place to live, I would get up on the roof and try to find the source of the leak and fix it myself, preferably permanently, but even if only temporarily to prevent further water damage. Unfortunately, you will find that the best person to get your rig right, is you the owner.

A very common place for water to leak inside is at those orange and red high-mounted lights. It is a shame that those lights are installed in the first place but the government requires them on vehicles 80" or wider. A very thin amount of clear silicone caulk, around the entire base of the light, will be adequate to seal it. Be careful not to caulk the lens to the base because you will need to replace the light bulbs one day.

But before you start caulking, first unscrew the light and inspect for a gasket. It might have been accidentally deformed (not placed properly) from a fast-operating assembly line worker.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> I Am severely dissapointed.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.