cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aussie 5th Wheelers are getting more numerous and bigger

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
As well as having US Lightweight, High End US 5vers, Custom, local manufacturers, you are seeing more locally made large 5vers. Vehicle tugs are dvided 50/50 between US HD Pickups and everything else

14 REPLIES 14

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
frankwp wrote:
Thanks, those interiors are gorgeous.

Truck pulking the 42ft Heartland Oakmont and smart car is a 1998 Mitsubishi Fuso. No Japanese Truck like this has been sold in the US

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, those interiors are gorgeous.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
A few more A Heartland Oakmont 42ft and Mitsubishi Fuso Truck

A 34ft US 5Ver pulled by an IVECO

A locally built 26ft 5ver pulled by a Silverdao 2500

A 26ft locally built 5ver pulled by a modified Global midsizer

A brightly coloured crewcab Japanese light Truck k pulling a US midrange 5ver

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
frankwp wrote:
Robert, I enjoy looking at the pic you post of the down under selection. I'd like to see more shots of the interiors. They are sooooo much nicer than in the American made trailers.

Sunliner 5th wheeler

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
frankwp wrote:
Robert, I enjoy looking at the pic you post of the down under selection. I'd like to see more shots of the interiors. They are sooooo much nicer than in the American made trailers.

When they post on their FB page I will post them. Interiors for Caravans and Motorhomes are a lot better than the US ones
Two photos from a Sunliner Navian Motorhome., very much Australian style

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
Thanks Robert, always enjoy seeing the difference in rigs down there

Yes a lot of variety. On the FB page I got these crom everyone was very happy with their set up. US 5vers need electtics, appliances and suspensions chaned for Australian use.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Biggest problem w/any cabover whatever, always 1st one on scene of an accident.

Very much not a problem. Have you noticed that noone mentions pusher Class A's with the engine in the back? A Retired gent is first to an accident.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Robert, always enjoy seeing the difference in rigs down there
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Biggest problem w/any cabover whatever, always 1st one on scene of an accident.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Another smaller US 5ver 38ft with a Japanese Truck and Garage

A European Truck with a locally built 39ft 5ver

Unusual Truck IVECO DAILY 2009 model . Has done 193,000km.2013 Heritage Glen 32ft 5ver

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Kind of an odd looking 5th wheel, a real shortage of windows. I wonder why. And the drop at the rear is kind of...different.

Good question. Could be built for someone who is a travelling tradesmen. Think a lot of airconditioning as this was shot in Darwin

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kind of an odd looking 5th wheel, a real shortage of windows. I wonder why. And the drop at the rear is kind of...different.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
How many US state and federal parks would allow that RV? Impractical! And cab over engine. Loud. That tow vehicle would make lousy transportation around the area.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad