Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New and looking to Yuma for winter in sm trl
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> New and looking to Yuma for winter in sm trl

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
travlintx

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sort of forced into my situation and rather new to RVing. I'm seeking a warm weather area for Dec, Jan, Feb and maybe Mar. and I'm on a budget. I'll boondock over half the days but will need to hook up perhaps every 5-7 days throughout each month. BUT it appears I'm faced with a "minimum of 30 days" stay during the winter months at many RV spots.

I'm looking for input on my situation. CA is out of the question for now. So, southern AZ appears to be my focus. I'm not considering the deep south or FL either. Help!

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you thought about staying a few miles north in Quartzsite? Plenty of BLM land for boondocking, and I believe BLM offers long term areas where you can stay for several months and have access to water, sewer and trash for a total of $180.

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quartzsite is popular and has BLM options some with community sewer. Water available in town.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

travlintx

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gemsworld wrote:

Have you thought about staying a few miles north in Quartzsite? Plenty of BLM land for boondocking, and I believe BLM offers long term areas where you can stay for several months and have access to water, sewer and trash for a total of $180.

I don't know if I'm replying correctly but this BLM option which provides water, sewer, etc. for $180 sounds appealing. Know where I can get more detail? I'll do some research on this. Thx!

What I'm also REALLY interested in is to learn if there are RV camps that do NOT require a 30 day minimum stay.

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travlintx wrote:

I'm sort of forced into my situation and rather new to RVing. I'm seeking a warm weather area for Dec, Jan, Feb and maybe Mar. and I'm on a budget. I'll boondock over half the days but will need to hook up perhaps every 5-7 days throughout each month. BUT it appears I'm faced with a "minimum of 30 days" stay during the winter months at many RV spots.

I'm looking for input on my situation. CA is out of the question for now. So, southern AZ appears to be my focus. I'm not considering the deep south or FL either. Help!

Look for smaller and older RV parks a few miles away from Yuma. Yuma is a popular area for "snow Birders" which allows many of the RV parks to set up limitations like " min. of 30" days

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/20 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travlintx wrote:

gemsworld wrote:

I don't know if I'm replying correctly but this BLM option which provides water, sewer, etc. for $180 sounds appealing. Know where I can get more detail? I'll do some research on this. Thx!

What I'm also REALLY interested in is to learn if there are RV camps that do NOT require a 30 day minimum stay.

You can start here: La Posa Long Term Visitor Area

You will also find plenty of RV parks in Quartzsite where you can stay for one night if that's all you want, provided there is availability.

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Q is a very transient area as in daily. Call some of the many CGs in the city and ask about 1 day stay. They want to be full as the peak season is rather short. It's about RV shows and sales plus everything under the sun is for sale while much of Yuma is focused on longer term stays.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not stay at Quartzite if you paid me.
Yuma has lots of parks you can stay it. All different kinds. I stayed in one where the average age of the residents was maybe 80. They had all kinds of activities like luaus, card games pool parties. It was a fun atmosphere but kind of like being in an odd movie.

There are some great places to wander in southern AZ. The good ones shall remain nameless.

Charles2222

Cochran

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to the BLM land and have a blast.Bluegrass in Blythe,other events at the Fairgrounds also.Yuma is ok,but the Q is an experience like none other.Big tent,swap meets are something else.The flea market is a blast to me.Look on line and go to an area that has the dump stations.Long way from Ga but have been there on I think four times.Check out the surrounding area.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bouse, AZ. several parks, short term spaces, Lots of free BLM, water and waste pay to play in parks, propane $ 2.25 Farmers Market for produce every Fri., monthly rates $250-350 + power. The camps without clubhouses and activity are less.
The con -- cell service, wifi poor you need a booster, groceries, fuel, in Parker or Quartsite. 25-30 mi. away.
We had fun there last winter for 2 months with our side xside exploring the desert.
Jan & feb are highest rates, add dec, march, monthly is cheaper.
There is a place to set up by someones house with full hookups for &150/ mo. + power $1500/ yr acouple blocks west of the highway from the gas station. On Google earth you should find it.

* This post was edited 11/11/20 08:13am by SDcampowneroperator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> New and looking to Yuma for winter in sm trl
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.