Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Looking at '17 3500 Ram
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Looking at '17 3500 Ram

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
spud1957

NB

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here. The Ram may need new tires. I have a line on a set of 275/60 20 tires. Current tires are 285/65s. There is bit of a difference in size. The 285s being the larger.

I'm thinking okay? Any tire "experts" or Ram owners that have done this?

Thanks
Scott

* This post was last edited 11/16/20 11:47am by spud1957 *   View edit history

mudfuel07

North Florida!

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with 295/70R18 on mine from the factory size. I did a leveling kit on the front and haven't had any scrubbing issues. I also went ahead and replaced all the shocks since I was already underneath it. My speedometer is off by a 1 mph, nothing big.

2017 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 SLT
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

spud1957

NB

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here again. Just found out the truck is deleted!!! Having second thoughts now.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/20 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud1957 wrote:

OP here again. Just found out the truck is deleted!!! Having second thoughts now.

Personally I would pass, not sure of the laws in Canada, but in the US it is federal law loosely enforced currently, but that could change.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

spud1957

NB

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rhagfo wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

Personally I would pass, not sure of the laws in Canada, but in the US it is federal law loosely enforced currently, but that could change.

The rules are Provincial and it's not a problem where I am. More concerned about future problems. There is still about 1 1/2 year diesel and powertrain warranty. Basically worthless with the delete.

And I also don't like the sound!!!

Gonna pass.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud1957 wrote:

rhagfo wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

The rules are Provincial and it's not a problem where I am. More concerned about future problems. There is still about 1 1/2 year diesel and powertrain warranty. Basically worthless with the delete.

Gonna pass.

Deleted doesn't necessarily mean loud. A couple of my friends have deleted their Cummins trucks and they sound very similar to mine which is not deleted. Now, if it has a 5" exhaust and no muffler, that is a different story! [emoticon]

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud1957 wrote:

Bonus!!! Seriously.
But if you’re intent on it being choked up, I just bought a 2016 and all the original emissions parts came with it. Sitting in a pile in front of the shop. Brand new basically. I’d love to sell em to you if you were closer!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud1957 wrote:

OP here. The Ram may need new tires. I have a line on a set of 275/60 20 tires. Current tires are 285/65s. There is bit of a difference in size. The 285s being the larger.

I'm thinking okay? Any tire "experts" or Ram owners that have done this?

Thanks
Scott

Those tires are a little short and a little bit light, but great for towing if you don’t load the rear axle super heavy.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

rhagfo wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

Gonna pass.

Deleted doesn't necessarily mean loud. A couple of my friends have deleted their Cummins trucks and they sound very similar to mine which is not deleted. Now, if it has a 5" exhaust and no muffler, that is a different story! [emoticon]

Just picked up a ‘16 that has exactly that. 5” straight pipe.
Haven’t towed with it yet, dunno how loud the drone will be, but it sure sounds sweet running bobtail!
Cheap n easy to pop a muffler in it though.

spud1957

NB

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can close this thread. Not going to buy the truck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Looking at '17 3500 Ram
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.