cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic RM2652 refrigerator dead

David_and_Deb
Explorer
Explorer
I just noticed the light inside the refrigerator is off as is the light on the outside of it. Everything else in the motorhome is working and powered as we are dry camping. Turned the generator on and it still didnโ€™t come on. Checked the propane and it is half full. House battery is working. We are level. Stumped. Any ideas?
David and Deb, plus our border collie, Sadie.
11 REPLIES 11

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
bikendan wrote:
David and Deb wrote:
Thanks everyone! We went through everything again this morning and found a fuse this time. Replaced the fuse and voila! Working.

It will help others if you stated which fuse and where was it.

YEP^^^^
Main Fuse in DC Dist Center
Fuse on Fridge Circuit Board
?????

And now for the 64$ question
WHY did Fuse blow?????
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
David and Deb wrote:
Thanks everyone! We went through everything again this morning and found a fuse this time. Replaced the fuse and voila! Working.

It will help others if you stated which fuse and where was it.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for coming back and letting us know! Invaluable information for us all.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

David_and_Deb
Explorer
Explorer
David and Deb, plus our border collie, Sadie.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
Gas/electric fridge requires 120 and 12 volts to operate. 120 is for the electric heating element. Gas is for the gs heating burner. 12 volts is for the control circuit for both. If the interior light is out you have cost 12-volt control power. Time for an RV tech.

120V is only needed if you want to use the electric heating element rather than gas. But 12V is always needed.

check the fuse in the power center as well as the two fuses on the dometic controller board. I had a similar problem a few years ago and discovered that one of the fuses on the dometic control board had opened. BTW the fuse was an odd size, not a std 3AG glass fuse.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Look on the outside flue cover above the area of the flame. There is a Snap disc(2 wires)that supplies the flow thru power to the refer. JUMP those 2 wires together and see if you now have power. Report back. Doug

x2 on this. there may be a thermal fuse in the same area that will not be shown in your owners manual. our unit did this during a long windy ride home from a trip. flame may have gotten too close and popped the fuse for us. i did my research and found the fuse was added by factory as safeguard if fire breaks out in that area. shuts down everything basically.. i bought fuse off amazon and replaced myself . worked fine, no problems since.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Look on the outside flue cover above the area of the flame. There is a Snap disc(2 wires)that supplies the flow thru power to the refer. JUMP those 2 wires together and see if you now have power. Report back. Doug

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a link to the Service Manual for that model. If you have a multimeter, you can do a lot of diagnostics and may even find the problem without having to hire an RV tech.

First would be to check if you have 12v power at the main terminal block. If you remove the outside access panel, refer to the diagram in the manual to find it. If no power there, then you likely blew the 12v fuse in the main RV panel.

If you have power there, next to check are the fuses in the lower control board and upper control board. Refer to the manual for locations and diagnostic procedures.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
check 12v fuse.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Gas/electric fridge requires 120 and 12 volts to operate. 120 is for the electric heating element. Gas is for the gs heating burner. 12 volts is for the control circuit for both. If the interior light is out you have cost 12-volt control power. Time for an RV tech.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
I am not familiar with the Dometic, as I have Norcolds. Anyway heres my first guess. Do the 120v outlets work, maybe the gfi that the frig is plugged into is tripped. Check both the 120v breaker panel and the 12v fuse box. My Norcold on the outside access door has a circuit board with two fuses maybe the Dometic has the same type of set up. On the Norcold it takes both 120 and 12v to make it work maybe Dometic is the same.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly