cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
38 REPLIES 38

dedmiston
It's funny that there's disagreement over whether people in this thread have been "riled" or not. Based on all the deleted posts, I think "riled" is accurate.

The discussion about transporting rigs from Canada seems to have spent all its fuel. I'm calling this one done.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wearing a mask as a precaution is only a minor nuisance for me and I think it prevents the spread of flu and other virus as well as covid. I have no problem with a national mask mandate and I do consider covid a serious health threat but not justification for destroying the USA economy or children's education. There appears to be different mutants of the virus such as in minks. And this Covid did originate in China (even the news media admit this) and not USA just as Ebola started in African interior and named after one of their rivers or regions so China virus is china virus to me. Thanks for your replies and support. Happy Camping all.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
The USA has a far greater testing rate/numbers than European countries therefore the case count is much greater.

I think this covid disease has and is being blown all out of proportion

USA is #19 as far as tests per million souls. There are six European countries with more testing per million.

As far as being blown out of proportion there are now 248,713 folks who have died in USA. That's nearly twice as many as India, which has about five times the population of USA.

There are easily twice as many active cases in USA than in any country in the world.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Europe has very strict lockdown restrictions for months and their China virus infections continue to rise to all time highs.

Calling it the "China virus" is incorrect. For example, the "Spanish flu" of 1910, actually originated in USA.

Call it Covid 19.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
The USA has a far greater testing rate/numbers than European countries therefore the case count is much greater. Most people testing positive have mild or no symptoms and require no hospitalization at all. I am 75 with mild heart disease and overweight but not obese I think this covid disease has and is being blown all out of proportion IMHO for politics. Doctors who treat covid patients receive $2000.00 more per patient than flu patients. That is incentive for over counting and I have known a few unethical doctors at VA and in private practice past 50 years. Like others with common sense I always wear a mask when around other persons and practice good hygiene.

"Blown out of proportion"? But you still wear a mask?

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
The USA has a far greater testing rate/numbers than European countries therefore the case count is much greater. Most people testing positive have mild or no symptoms and require no hospitalization at all. I am 75 with mild heart disease and overweight but not obese I think this covid disease has and is being blown all out of proportion IMHO for politics. Doctors who treat covid patients receive $2000.00 more per patient than flu patients. That is incentive for over counting and I have known a few unethical doctors at VA and in private practice past 50 years.

Most of this post has been proven false, but is constantly broadcast by somebody that was recorded, in his own words telling a well trusted journalist "Yes, I downplayed the virus. I still downplay the virus. I don't want people to panic"

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
I think this covid disease has and is being blown all out of proportion IMHO for politics.
No it isn't. It just seems that conspiracies are popular these days.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
PA12DRVR wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
This is funny. Yโ€™all getting riled up over people being resourceful and not breaking any rules.

Once again, this forum is sorely missing a "Like" button. ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't see anyone "riled up" A bit puzzled, maybe, but not riled up. Just because it's not breaking any rules doesn't make it right. And it just doesn't make sense to be able to fly in but not drive in.

I agree, not a thing to like about that post. A lot of rules don't make sense

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
The USA has a far greater testing rate/numbers than European countries therefore the case count is much greater. Most people testing positive have mild or no symptoms and require no hospitalization at all. I am 75 with mild heart disease and overweight but not obese I think this covid disease has and is being blown all out of proportion IMHO for politics. Doctors who treat covid patients receive $2000.00 more per patient than flu patients. That is incentive for over counting and I have known a few unethical doctors at VA and in private practice past 50 years. Like others with common sense I always wear a mask when around other persons and practice good hygiene.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Europe has very strict lockdown restrictions for months and their China virus infections continue to rise to all time highs.

In USA the death rate from Covid is greatly reduced from March numbers.

Most hospital stays for Covid infections are much shorter with fewer severe Covid cases.

From reliable news interviews with medical experts (non government) as opposed to flip flopping Dr F. Just saying

Not sure where you get your data from.

Globally the case count has increased by 14% in the last 14 days.

In the US the case count has increased 70% in the last 14 days.

As for the case count generally, Italy for instance, has a population of 60.46 million and a case count of 1,066,401 or 1.7667%.

The US the case count is at with a population of 328.2 million or 3.2297%

Thatโ€™s 82.8% higher.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Europe has very strict lockdown restrictions for months and their China virus infections continue to rise to all time highs. In USA the death rate from Covid is greatly reduced from March numbers. Most hospital stays for Covid infections are much shorter with fewer severe Covid cases. From reliable news interviews with medical experts (non government) as opposed to flip flopping Dr F. Just saying

Is the number of cases in Europe growing? Sure. But it is growing from a much lower level. Is the survival rate getting better? Yes, the people treating it are learning, getting plenty of practice.
As to the "flip flopping". A new situation, everybody is learning about what works. It would take somebody pretty stupid not to change practices when learn a better way. Do you still use steel tires on wooden wheels?

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Europe has very strict lockdown restrictions for months and their China virus infections continue to rise to all time highs. In USA the death rate from Covid is greatly reduced from March numbers. Most hospital stays for Covid infections are much shorter with fewer severe Covid cases. From reliable news interviews with medical experts (non government) as opposed to flip flopping Dr F. Just saying

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
The numbers in the very sparsely populated area of NW Florida my friend just arrived at by doing exactly this are far below where he lives in Ontario.

Your friend must be living in a submarine.

https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86

I picked one of the "lightly infected" counties called Liberty. There were 8414 folks living there (2014), and the number of cases is 511 with 12 deaths.

Saskatchewan has the same rate of infection per 100,000 souls as Ontario. Liberty County had the lowest number I found--and it is WAY more dangerous.

Your close Don, right next door in Calhoun County actually.

The population there is 14,587 (2018) and their case count is currently at 776 (19 deaths), or 5.299239%.

Ontario has a population of 14,734,014 (Q3 2020) and our case count is at 91,613 currently (3,337 deaths), or 6.21779%.

Unfortunately some regions around major cities are definitely 'hot spots'.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
PA12DRVR wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
This is funny. Yโ€™all getting riled up over people being resourceful and not breaking any rules.

Once again, this forum is sorely missing a "Like" button. ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't see anyone "riled up" A bit puzzled, maybe, but not riled up. Just because it's not breaking any rules doesn't make it right. And it just doesn't make sense to be able to fly in but not drive in.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]