Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://infotel.ca/newsitem/how-some-bc-........g-through-the-border-this-winter/it78408

Gary Haupt

* This post was edited 11/11/20 09:33am by garyhaupt *

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really do not understand why people act this way. The selfishness just drives me 'round the bend.

Gary

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 10:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just another example of I have money so the rules don’t apply. My brother and his wife live in Texas and went to Vancouver to visit her sick Mom and were quarantined for 14 days up there. Health dept checked on them every day. They then flew back home where there was no quarantine.

bob_nestor

murphy

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

I really do not understand why people act this way. The selfishness just drives me 'round the bend.

Gary

Well, rules allowing one to fly into the US but not drive into the US are a big part of the problem - unless you've absolutely convinced that the COVID virus only hitches rides on land based vehicles, not planes.

I used to have this "discussion" with Security over their rules when I worked in Defense. Kept trying to get them to see that their massive set of rules defining what I could and couldn't do were like a picket fence and all they did was let me know what things they'd be looking for to determine if I'd violated Security. There was almost always a way to accomplish something that didn't violate their rules but was in fact a violation of the intent of their rules that they'd never discover.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

Just another example of I have money so the rules don’t apply. My brother and his wife live in Texas and went to Vancouver to visit her sick Mom and were quarantined for 14 days up there. Health dept checked on them every day. They then flew back home where there was no quarantine.

They are following the rules -- the USA (for whatever reason) allows Canadians to come in by air, but not by vehicle. And they allow goods to be shipped over the border by truck. And this isn't a new service -- they've already been doing it for people that don't want to drive their RV long-distance.

It's not like they are hiding in the back of the RV and sneaking across the border, they are doing exactly what the USA said they can do.

But with the way this pandemic is still out of control in the USA, I'd sure think twice about leaving my home in Canada to travel to the USA.

Lwiddis

Death Valley NP

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/20 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Staying home isn’t a big sacrifice for Americans or Canadians. Just cooperate so this virus will go away ASAP.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/20 01:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Staying home isn’t a big sacrifice for Americans or Canadians. Just cooperate so this virus will go away ASAP.

Is "Death Valley NP" home for you?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/20 02:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure why anyone would WANT to come here! Cases are skyrocketing and I would not want to be so far from home if I were to get sick. It does seem strange that you can't drive here but you can fly here. Wouldn't surprise me if that changes.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

marpel

notapplicable

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are not breaking any rules.

And it works both ways. Americans can fly into Canada (and they did a lot of that through the summer, many US visitors on Vancouver Island), but they can't drive across the border, unless they are driving to Alaska. However, tell me how someone who is driving to Alaska spends a few days on the Island?

So, "the rules don't apply" is not just restricted to us Canucks. And what "drives me around the bend" is someone not getting all the facts before making comment.

Marv

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Covid is spiking in Saskatchewan now. I'd not dream of going to USA where it is far worse.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.