cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LP hose needed

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to get a LP hose that has a male disposeable canister fitting on one end (center prong with internal threaded nut) and either the internal left-hand thread or large external nut fitting that will screw onto 20 lb bottle and is 5' or 6' long. I can't seem to find this configuration in hoses. Anyone know if such a hose exists? Thanks-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler
17 REPLIES 17

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
23hotrodr wrote:

I'm trying to get a hose to connect from a 20 lb bottle to my extend-a-stay connection via the disposeable canister connection instead of having to use wrenches on the inverted flare connection.

I leave my Extend-A-Stay hose connected all the time and just coil it up using a short bungee cord to secure it for travel. I use a POL cap to make sure the POL fitting doesn't leak.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
23hotrodr wrote:
DrewE wrote:
I think a better solution would be to replace the
connector on the motorhome (and of course also on the hose that connects to the 20lb cylinder) with a propane quick connect fitting.

You are probably correct.

Be careful, there are both high pressure and low pressure propane quick connects. Makre sure the propane quick connect is rated for high pressure along with the hose. A lot of the quick connects and hoses for trailers are used after the regulator for outside low pressure accessories. The quick connects are different so you don't blow up low pressure hoses plugging them into high pressure lines.

HP vs LP quick connectors

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
23hotrodr wrote:
enblethen wrote:
Have you verified that the connection will allow for propane to flow into this connection being it is an outlet?

No- Without the proper hose setup, I don't have a way to test it. Since it appears to be the same as the fitting on a disposeable bottle and those allow for reverse flow to refill, it should.

Another concern would be that although the Coleman hose and the Coleman style adapters are rated for high pressure, they probably will not perform a high enough flow to keep everything inside operating.

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
I think a better solution would be to replace the
connector on the motorhome (and of course also on the hose that connects to the 20lb cylinder) with a propane quick connect fitting.

You are probably correct.
2000 Jeep Wrangler

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I think a better solution would be to replace the connector on the motorhome (and of course also on the hose that connects to the 20lb cylinder) with a propane quick connect fitting.

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Have you verified that the connection will allow for propane to flow into this connection being it is an outlet?

No- Without the proper hose setup, I don't have a way to test it. Since it appears to be the same as the fitting on a disposeable bottle and those allow for reverse flow to refill, it should.
2000 Jeep Wrangler

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
You could use an adapter plus a hose such as the following:

Propane adapter

12 foot hose
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
OP: Yu asked for a male cannister fitting. Tom_M posted a female.
What are you trying to do, feed an appliance or refill the one pound disposable bottles?

I'm trying to get a hose to connect from a 20 lb bottle to my extend-a-stay connection via the disposeable canister connection instead of having to use wrenches on the inverted flare connection.

I guess I could use one of those adapters to refill 1 lb cans connected to the 20 lb and use a hose with female and male disposeable can connectors on opposite ends.

I may be confusing which of the disposeable connections are male and female. I thought the one on the 1 lb bottle is female since connection penetrates it.
2000 Jeep Wrangler

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
For just about anything needed for propane (high or low pressure) and natural gas fittings, hoses and adapters try:

Calore Equipment

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OP: Yu asked for a male cannister fitting. Tom_M posted a female.
What are you trying to do, feed an appliance or refill the one pound disposable bottles?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
I think the OP is looking for the opposite of the previous links. Something like this from Amazon:

Propane Refill Adapter Hose

Yes, this one is real close. Correct ends but could use a couple feet longer. Thanks-- Mick
2000 Jeep Wrangler

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I think the OP is looking for the opposite of the previous links. Something like this from Amazon:

Propane Refill Adapter Hose

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this for my home Blackstone.
hose

But on edit it's not what the op is looking for. Sorry
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand