Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Safety in Puerto Penasco
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Safety in Puerto Penasco

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with your Dr. about switching to a blood thinner that doesn't require as frequent testing.

Warfarin is the ONLY one that can be quickly reversed
Others do NOT have that capability so if INR goes HIGH ... bleeding problems
Warfarin....INR goes HIGH ....Vitamin K will counter act
(Dark greens ---spinach, collard greens, broccoli etc)

For bleeding skin problems, buy a product called " wound seal" it is a powder in sealed little tubes about the size of pencil. Each tube is about 2" long. 1. wash the cut 2. open the tube and pour the powder over the cut 3. press and hold the powder down for 30 seconds, wipe off powder. The bleeding will typically seal and stop within 30 seconds.

Is her INR/Protime stable?
Is she having to change dosage routinely or dosage is regulated?
Should be stable......otherwise she needs to monitor diet and find a happy spot (same diet regiment and NOT splurge on foods with Vitamin K)

Been on Warfarin since 2012
Eat greens but do not over indulge or binge eat them
Moderation is key to keep INR level (2-3 INR Range)

4 to 6 week INR testing should be goal

Is the Mexican Border OPEN?

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bleeding from skin tears or cuts can be effectively controlled with a product called "Wound Seal". It is a powder in a small tube. You just wash the cut, pour the powder over the cut, press down and hold it for 30 seconds. The bleeding will stop in 30 seconds. If necessary repeat process. Wound Seal is sold on Amazon or most pharmacies.

mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rehless wrote:

Mexicoruss, Hoping I can get some info and maybe advise from you. My mate and I are planning to come to Rocky point in January. We have been there several times, but not since covid started. She is on oxygen therapy and we will have a portable machine with us. She is also on warfarin for her blood and needs to have her blood checked for coagulation and I am having a hell of a time finding a doctor or lab that speaks English and can do this. I have been advised by a resident there to not come. Perhaps you can offer some help. Thank you very much.
Bill
it doesn't sound like good idea to me to travel right now with the medical needs you described..I don't have connections in the medical community but am happy to check it out for you.

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every city or large town in Mexico have labs. You do need a referral. Many are modern first class. They will email the results. However with your medical needs I would stay home.

rehless

Bellevue, Wa. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/20 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexicoruss, thanks every body for the replies. I have an Inogen 4 coming. have been informed I can get a home test kit for her blood and will be able to determine her warfarin dosage.
This, if it happens, will most likely be our last trip to Mexico, we are in our eighties. If any one knows of an English speaking doctor or lab that does blood work and knows what they are doing, please inform me. Thank you all.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Zihuatanejo you don't need a referral for any of the medical lab tests. Just ask, pay and they will give you the results when they are available if not instantly.

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont think I would go right now either in that condition. Only good thing is you are within 3 hours of phoenix. With a vaccine possibly 4 months away I would be patient.

rehless

Bellevue, Wa. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/20 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found out today that a home kit is off the table for various reasons. Still hoping to find a doctor or lab that speaks English and is seeing patients. Thanks, all.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Safety in Puerto Penasco
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.