cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ideas for Keystone water connection upgrade?

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello all. We have a 2018 Keystone Outback. On the side we have a docking station of sorts which has the fresh hookup / fresh tank fill, black tank flush connection, and cable tv hookup. It is recessed into the wall of the camper with a lockable plastic door. I love that all of these things are together and I like it being recessed, but what I dont like is everything being plastic. Specifically the fresh water hookup / fill. I don't have pictures handy, but there is a sort of plastic neck of sorts that sticks out and has the female hose adaptor. I hate how it bends and feels cheap and I can imagine it breaking some day. I thought about searching for a metal replacement, but that "neck" is threaded into another plastic pipe just inside the trailer that runs into the diverter that can be switched for either fresh fill or city water.

Any ideas on ways to upgrade this to make it a bit more robust? Anyone have a similar system on your RV and upgrade this? The way it stresses, I am convinced it's going to break some day and cause a serious water mess. Thanks for your thoughts and help!
3 REPLIES 3

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Have the 2020 Outback.....they must have listened to the complaints.
Everything separated and stout.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Had the same concerns so I made a block of wood with a v groove that I put under the port that the hose fits on. Made it so it is only under the shank and does not interfere with the ring that screws onto the hose. Had to flex it once and now It has no flex. Issue solved.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi kfp673, We have an Cougar Xlite with possibly the same stupid docking station. That fresh water hookup is perty flimsy and the black tank flush (bottom left black female hose bib) is even worse plus there's no gravity fill for water tank. Tried using the black tank flush once and had water coming out of the fitting just inside the wall. Fixed that but was a pain to use it so we've never used it. I've thought bout changing out the fresh water hookup but seeing what's in behind it inside the wall cabinet gives me great pause (pic #1). What I did was I got a metal elbow and a screw it into the inlet and opened the little slot and closed the door so the fitting sits outside the door and then screw the hose on it. Been doing that now for the 7 years we've had the 5er and so far have had no problems.

This is what's inside the cabinet behind the docking station.

This is what our docking station looks like. Is it the same as yours?

This is how we attach the city water hose. Seems to take some of the stress off the plastic fitting.

Milo
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰