Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Question for those tha full/part time in their TH
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Question for those tha full/part time in their TH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
msmith1.wa

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will need to check with the park you are staying at. Oregon State Parks require vehicles that are not street legal to remain loaded. I believe that Washington State Parks are the same. Private parks will depend on the specific park.

2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/20 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msmith1.wa wrote:

You will need to check with the park you are staying at. Oregon State Parks require vehicles that are not street legal to remain loaded. I believe that Washington State Parks are the same. Private parks will depend on the specific park.

I'm going to put an * at the end of "Oregon State Parks require vehicles that are not street legal to remain loaded.*" Since at least one park, Honeyman, in Florence Oregon does allow ATV/MX/UTVs in the H-Loop during the off-season to ride out of the loop and onto the Dunes. But I do agree, and had been politely warned a few times with our previous Toy Hauler that we could not unload.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler

msmith1.wa

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

msmith1.wa wrote:

I'm going to put an * at the end of "Oregon State Parks require vehicles that are not street legal to remain loaded.*" Since at least one park, Honeyman, in Florence Oregon does allow ATV/MX/UTVs in the H-Loop during the off-season to ride out of the loop and onto the Dunes. But I do agree, and had been politely warned a few times with our previous Toy Hauler that we could not unload.

You are correct, but H loop at Honeyman is only open to ORV's October 1 to April 30. The remainder of the year ORV's are not allowed.

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no way!!!

You absolutely need to have a working RV when the toys are loaded. Having to squeeze through tight spaces is fine, but you have to have access to the full RV (bed, bath, kitchen, seating) when loaded. For weekenders I would say this also, but they can deal with it. For full time there is no way you can unload every night. It is not about the time it takes, as this will become routine, but just the fact that you cannot always unload with reason - rain, snow, wind, cold, late arrival... Going on a day hike? gotta load toys, then unload when you get back, those toys get stolen too often to leave siting out... Sprain your ankle? still gotta unload those toys...

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/20 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr_andyj wrote:

Sprain your ankle? still gotta unload those toys...

Years ago I broke my leg unloading in the dark. Someone had dug a hole and I didn't see it. I stepped into it wrong and broke my leg right above the ankle (I forget whether it was the fib or tib).

I finished unpacking the bikes on the bad leg and slept badly.

The next day I put it in a riding boot and it felt fantastic. What a relief. We rode all weekend and it felt pretty good in the boot. Sunday afternoon we packed up and drove home.

Monday, I got to work and the guy at the desk across from mine said that I didn't look like my usual self. I mentioned the leg and he asked if I'd had it x-rayed yet.

I finally threw in the towel after limping to a few meetings and drove myself to urgent care.

The doc was pretty pissed when he asked me when it happened. "Oh, Friday evening around six. I guess that makes it about 65 hours ago."

He showed me the break in the x-ray and said he couldn't believe that I had been walking around and riding dirt bikes on a broken leg.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Question for those tha full/part time in their TH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.