cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

limiting video quality?

Raife
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Pepwave MAX Transit CAT18 up and running. As I have stated in other posts my hope is the broadcast will reach to the tow vehicle while we are traveling to allow the kids to do virtual school during the drives.

Is there a way to limit the video quality, to say 480P, for their live class room sessions? Two fold in my thought process: 1) I'm likely to be bandwidth limited with 3 kids working at the same time and 2) I would like to preserve data.

I read somewhere either in a post or in one of the articles about a hotspot having a video limiting feature, but unsure of how to do this with the Pepwave.

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Raife
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - sorry I put it in the wrong place...

96Bounder30E
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from tech issues
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Video stream quality is up to whatever the software package that is being used for the school streaming sessions.

You may or may not have any choice in this depending on whatever software package the school has chosen..

On popular interactive multimedia streaming software that is used by businesses call Zoom, does have controls that allow you to selct video quality..

Found that HERE

You can do a Google search with the name of the conference software that your school is using to see if there is any controls you can set.

For my search I used "limiting video quality on zoom" as my search, just sub in the name of the software you have to use instead of zoom and let the search fly.

Otherwise perhaps contact your schools staff to see if they can assist, let them know that you have 3 children streaming at the same time AND you are on a limited bandwidth Internet provider with data limits/caps..