Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Very pleased with my Chevy PU.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Very pleased with my Chevy PU.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/17/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Thumbs up man!
It actually pained me to give up the old 07 Dodge yesterday. Mainly because I know it was still in such good shape and reliable.
But finances and convenience dictated. Tough to turn down selling a truck for 85% of the purchase price 13 years ago and getting a much newer much lower mile, well setup truck to replace it at the same time.


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

donfla

home

Full Member

Joined: 12/16/2014

View Profile



Posted: 11/17/20 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice Kenny! This is my 2014 1500 WT with a 4.3 V6 I got a few months ago and like it a lot, it’s in good shape with only 63k miles when I got it so a lot of life left in it. Took this picture a couple weeks ago after a landfill and scrap yard trip and the combo handles well on the road. Obviously the Z71 pinstriping isn’t original and was done by the dealer because it sat on their lot for so long from what I was told. Compared to my old 1 ton Ford 6.0 diesel and 1 ton dually Chevy 6.0 gas dump truck this thing is like driving a sportscar. A cheap improvement from Amazon for around $30 is a backup camera and works well getting hooked up the first time.

[image]

[image]

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/17/20 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on a excellent truck. You got to hand to GM and that their small blocks are legendary for a reason.


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 11/17/20 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donfla wrote:

Very nice Kenny! This is my 2014 1500 WT with a 4.3 V6 I got a few months ago and like it a lot, it’s in good shape with only 63k miles when I got it so a lot of life left in it. Took this picture a couple weeks ago after a landfill and scrap yard trip and the combo handles well on the road. Obviously the Z71 pinstriping isn’t original and was done by the dealer because it sat on their lot for so long from what I was told. Compared to my old 1 ton Ford 6.0 diesel and 1 ton dually Chevy 6.0 gas dump truck this thing is like driving a sportscar. A cheap improvement from Amazon for around $30 is a backup camera and works well getting hooked up the first time.

[image]

[image]


Nice camera. I like it.

short YouTube video of TV

The only thing I've added to mine is an in-dash TV and a hi-end stereo.

[image]

this has been my work truck for the last two weeks, a 2018 1500 with the 5.3L. It really needs to be a little bit peppier.


Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded


donfla

home

Full Member

Joined: 12/16/2014

View Profile



Posted: 11/17/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

donfla wrote:

Very nice Kenny! This is my 2014 1500 WT with a 4.3 V6 I got a few months ago and like it a lot, it’s in good shape with only 63k miles when I got it so a lot of life left in it. Took this picture a couple weeks ago after a landfill and scrap yard trip and the combo handles well on the road. Obviously the Z71 pinstriping isn’t original and was done by the dealer because it sat on their lot for so long from what I was told. Compared to my old 1 ton Ford 6.0 diesel and 1 ton dually Chevy 6.0 gas dump truck this thing is like driving a sportscar. A cheap improvement from Amazon for around $30 is a backup camera and works well getting hooked up the first time.

[image]

[image]


Nice camera. I like it.

short YouTube video of TV

The only thing I've added to mine is an in-dash TV and a hi-end stereo.

[image]

this has been my work truck for the last two weeks, a 2018 1500 with the 5.3L. It really needs to be a little bit peppier.


I like that and the song is a favorite too.

A nice thing about the camera is the USB port inside the console is on the keyed switch so no worries about turning it on or off and stores nicely inside the console when not sitting in the cupholder. For the cost and simple install definitely useful.

wowens79

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 01/05/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/17/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought my 2002 Chevy 1500HD (6.0) new, now 18 years and 247k miles it still runs great. Fuel pump, water pump, and some oil leaks have been the only repairs.

The brake pads lasted for 225k miles, and all 8 pads wore evenly, and looked identical when they came off.


2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 11/17/20 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Don!! [emoticon]


wowens79 wrote:

I bought my 2002 Chevy 1500HD (6.0) new, now 18 years and 247k miles it still runs great. Fuel pump, water pump, and some oil leaks have been the only repairs.

The brake pads lasted for 225k miles, and all 8 pads wore evenly, and looked identical when they came off.


I rotate my tires every 5000 when I change the oil and I take a look at the pads and they're all wearing evenly too.

donfla

home

Full Member

Joined: 12/16/2014

View Profile



Posted: 11/19/20 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Kenny! [emoticon] Lol

This truck has the stock WT wheels with 255/70/17 tires and one mismatch, plus serious dry rotting. Found these takeoffs today, 2016 8" Z71 wheels with 85% tread Toyo 285/65/18 Open Country AT2’s and made what I feel is a fair deal and taking it in tomorrow (880.00 installed including swapping my existing sensors) . It will be tight in the front but shouldn’t touch and should look pretty good, plus they will handle well on the beach. I’ll share pictures once on the truck.

These need to be changed.
[image]

These are from the ad.
[image]
[image]

* This post was edited 11/19/20 06:29pm by donfla *

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 11/19/20 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donfla wrote:

Hi Kenny! [emoticon] Lol

I feel is a fair deal and taking it in tomorrow (880.00 installed including swapping my existing sensors).


Looks and sounds like a killer deal to me Don.

I looked for some factory take offs when I needed new tires the first time and they were ridiculous expensive so I've just kept the ugly OE WT rims.

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 11/19/20 10:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

^ Thumbs up man!
It actually pained me to give up the old 07 Dodge yesterday. Mainly because I know it was still in such good shape and reliable.
But finances and convenience dictated. Tough to turn down selling a truck for 85% of the purchase price 13 years ago and getting a much newer much lower mile, well setup truck to replace it at the same time.


I still think we need a like button. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Very pleased with my Chevy PU.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.