cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light hearted story

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
My sister told me this; A group of 4 dogs would wait for the mailman. When he arrived they would get into his vehicle and ride the neighborhood route then the mailman would drop them off where he picked them up. The problem arose when there was a substitute carrier. To make matters worse this guy was afraid of dogs. When he got to the area 4 dogs jumped into his delevery van and he jumped out. He called the other carrier that told him (just take them for a ride and drop them off where you picked them up).

I told my sister last week that my mailman stopped by my drive to hand me the mail. Both my Collies ran full throttle to the mailman who immediately asked if they were friendly. Before I could even answer both Collies were in the delevery van with him. He gave both dogs some attention and a dog biscuits while we had a short conversation.

Same mailman but my neighbors dog waits in the yard for the mailman because he always brings a dog biscuit.

I told my sister about this then she told me the above story.
5 REPLIES 5

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Cute story!!!

Augie greets the UPS guy excitedly - not because he has treats, but because the box may contain those air pillows. One of Augie's "jobs" is to flatten those for the trash - he goes crazy popping the pillows....LOL!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
:B
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

dturm
:B
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Dogs are people too.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Too funny!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]