Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Auxiliary tank - full or empty?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Auxiliary tank - full or empty?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
hornet28

Muskegon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/20 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

hornet28 wrote:

What is the expected advantage of keeping the tank full?

You don't have the hassle of dealing with stations and it's customers. I haven't been in a station since 10/17 and still have over 30 gals in the tanks

So you are using the fuel in the tank, not just keeping it full.

Correct and the next time I'm near a station that has lower prices then right near me I'll fill up again. I never just put a few gals in, I always fill up. It'll take 50 to 60 gals when I do

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Durb wrote:

Thanks all. I made the 7:00 AM empty station run to Costco this morning and filled the auxiliary tank. 12 cents more per gallon than when I filled two weeks ago.

We were $2.25 at the beginning of Nov. and are currently $2.65 and it hasn't stopped climbing yet. I imagine we will see $4-$5 diesel by Spring. I expected that to some degree, perhaps not this fast.

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

hornet28

Muskegon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/20 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Filled today at $2.169 for diesel

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Filled up the first part of November, and diesel was $1.64, now it's $1.64. Not climbing here.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

hornet28

Muskegon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/20 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Filled up the first part of November, and diesel was $1.64, now it's $1.64. Not climbing here.

Wow that's great. I can't remember when it was that low around here. It's running as high as $2.35 within 10 mi of home

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/20 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksss wrote:

Durb wrote:

Thanks all. I made the 7:00 AM empty station run to Costco this morning and filled the auxiliary tank. 12 cents more per gallon than when I filled two weeks ago.

We were $2.25 at the beginning of Nov. and are currently $2.65 and it hasn't stopped climbing yet. I imagine we will see $4-$5 diesel by Spring. I expected that to some degree, perhaps not this fast.

Filled the diesel SUV this morning at the same station, 15 cents higher than the last fill in the truck. $2.12 - $224 - $2.39. 13% increase in a little over 3 weeks.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Filled up with gas this morning, and it was $1.499, and I forgot to notice what diesel was, maybe $1.69. Same price it was a month ago.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 11:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We get jacked for fuel out here. At least Durb is on the right side of the state!
Couple days ago, the Cenex (on of the cheaper places around here was $2.69 for on road diesel and $2.11 for farm fuel.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/20 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is full and there is a need to evacuate for some reason, you are already good!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

memtb wrote:

Having an empty or partially so....is kinda like not having some tp stocked. You just never know when it may be needed. But, more importantly, a full tank virtually eliminates moisture accumulation!

To each his/her own pertaining to a full tank stored for a lengthy time frame......follow the science! [emoticon] memtb

Diesel, yes. It lasts longer. Gas, I never fill up seasonal vehicles or toys for storage. In fact the opposite. Of course mine aren’t stored in the rain under a pine tree so any condensation is minimized.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Auxiliary tank - full or empty?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.