cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

awning

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Went to open my awning with the inside switch(Solera 18'.....and nothing worked. Fuse is good but there is a plug by the awning rail that is not hooked up and have no idea where it pugs in at.. 2018 Montana HC
cpaulsen
8 REPLIES 8

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Ended up being a bad switch for the awning.........a new switch and everything works great!
cpaulsen

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
IIRC, my plug is a male/female, when put together with plug mate, female/male appears to be a smooth one piece connection.

Jerry

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Has always worked.......but when we got to our new destination....I pushed the switch and nothing happened....then saw a square plugup by the awing tube.....touched it fell off......looks like a plug of some sort......like a matching plugthat something plugs into.....will contact Lippert/Solara and see if they have an answer
cpaulsen

SWoop2247
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Has it always worked and just quit? It would seem if something in area of awning motor is unplugged, that would be the issue. Can you post a pic of this plug?

My awning is a Dometic, and has a plug connection in the arm of awning. If unplugged, I know mine would not work.

Jerry
Same here. I have a dometic and the plug is in the arm covered by a plastic strip. Unplugged mine won't work either.

The plug would be my first.
If that doesn't work grab a meter and start chasing 12V
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Cummins
24K Curt Slider
2013 Heartland Sundance 3200RE

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you have a multimeter or test light? You could check that plug for voltage when you activate the switch. That may tell you that plug is for something else (like awning lights)if there is no voltage to it when you push the switch.
And you could also use them for the next step that will be to test for voltage at the awning motor.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Has it always worked and just quit? It would seem if something in area of awning motor is unplugged, that would be the issue. Can you post a pic of this plug?

My awning is a Dometic, and has a plug connection in the arm of awning. If unplugged, I know mine would not work.

Jerry

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Battery is good...
cpaulsen

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Your 12 V battery may be low.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B