cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide seals

SWoop2247
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you replaced the top sweep seal or any seals on your slide(s)?

I've watched a few videos and it doesn't seem to difficult but wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Cummins
24K Curt Slider
2013 Heartland Sundance 3200RE
11 REPLIES 11

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't do it myself but watched people do it who knew what they were doing. It looked rather simple. Problem is, that they said I should "train" the wipers to properly position when the slides open. Have I done that? Not as I should. I do it sometimes up to the height I can reach without a ladder.

There is so much to do to get everything like we want it for a short stay. Sadly, "training" the seals to open and close properly is just one more thing that's likely to go by the wayside.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
you're welcome
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the "D" seal above that. It was fairly easy. They stapled the ends, I pulled them out then with a razor knife, cut along the silicone line on top and pulled it out. Installing it I just slid it on from the end and pulled it across. It was about 12 feet.

While this isnt the "wiper" seal that you mention, perhaps the technique is the similar.

Happy Trails
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My seal job

I did my big slide a few years ago. Hard part was getting the fit to the side of the slide just right. I ended up doing some cutting but in places it was pretty jagged.

Thanks for returning. Many posters ask and leave, never to return.

SWoop2247
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I have.

Weelll...don't keep us in suspense! Was it an easy job? what part did you replace?:W

Jerry
That would be helpful. ๐Ÿ˜›
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Cummins
24K Curt Slider
2013 Heartland Sundance 3200RE

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
OK

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I have.
Weelll...don't keep us in suspense! Was it an easy job? what part did you replace?:W

Jerry
I'll await the OP's return.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman wrote:
I have.

Jerry

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I have.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If it is actually the wiper you are replacing, some are glued with adhesive tape like mentioned above, and some are stapled also. My wipers are stapled, and have a rail to insert/slide in a D-bulb seal, which compresses with slide closed. I have replaced my upper D-bulb seal, which was very easy to do. It has a screw just a half inch inside the bulb, on each end to keep it from moving.

Jerry

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have, but there are numerous different configurations of seals. Mine is a "P" seal with red 3M adhesive tape on it. The hotter the wall gets, the tighter the seal adheres. Probably the most labor intensive job was cleaning the area where the previous seal was glued. Some seals fit in a channel, then some go in a channel with "fingers" that hold the seal. Between removing the old adhesive and working off a ladder, it wasn't too bad.