cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3126B Code 71 and then 15 and 39

map40
Explorer
Explorer
OK, so my 2000 Safari Sahara drives excellent for 10 minutes and then check engine light turns on and you can't got pass 45. When I brought it home I drove 60 miles at 45, all temperatures we perfect and rode great. Every so often the check engine light would go off and the RV would take off to 80MPH with no problem.
But every time I slowed down the check engine light would turn off. Today it stayed on so I could get the codes.
First I got code 71.
I let it run for a few minutes, did it again and got 71, 15, 39.
Anybody has any experience with these? It has to be a bad wire or sensor, because the minute the code clear it goes like a bat out of hell, no problem.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Alfa SeeYa
Life rocks when your home rolls
6 REPLIES 6

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Post to the diesel club as referenced in my signature. They have a retired CAT representative on that site.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

map40
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
What engine?

Cat 3126B
Alfa SeeYa

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
What engine?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Jeep did that and it was a Throttle Position Sensor - did what your is doing, then starting shifting not quite right, then couldn't get over 30 mph.

map40
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
39 is an injector accuation pressure malfunction but 15 is a sensor fault. Check the wire harness or maybe a bag senser.

I thought the same. I don't believe that the codes are real, because they are all electrical (sensor, power, and then some), but then all of the sudden everything is OK. If just knew where where the wire is routed and which cable to trace for fault 71, I think the rest will disappear.
Alfa SeeYa

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
39 is an injector accuation pressure malfunction but 15 is a sensor fault. Check the wire harness or maybe a bag senser.