Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ram 2500 DEF fluid
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram 2500 DEF fluid

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread sure went downhill.
It started with the discussion of DEF in a truck that has used 6 tanks of gas, now it's talking about rolling coal and Honda Civics.

I might as well derail it more by saying my DD is a Subaru Crosstrek with a bunch of lights I added. I'm tempted to put a lift kit on it.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a tuned and deleted 230hp/375lb-ft (stock is 180hp/280lb-ft) 2.0L diesel BMW 328d which I bought as a fun yet fuel efficient commuter car for my 40 mile one way commute. Down the winding roads, the car is fun to drive, but I would still rather be in my truck in any other conditions. The truck is a blast to drive tuned which is why I generally like to drive it on weekends over the car. The torque pull at 1,300-1,800 of the truck is not something the 328d can match since it doesn't start to really pull until around 1,700 rpm due to it being a higher revving diesel with a shorter bore/stroke ratio.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/20 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltabravo wrote:

This thread sure went downhill.
It started with the discussion of DEF in a truck that has used 6 tanks of gas, now it's talking about rolling coal and Honda Civics.

I might as well derail it more by saying my DD is a Subaru Crosstrek with a bunch of lights I added. I'm tempted to put a lift kit on it.

Since the thread is completely off the rails...
Friends have a Crosstrek that he put a 2 or 3” lift and some little mud terrains on.
It looks really cool. And I fitted the gas bill from Seattle to CDA a couple months ago and it got an honest 27mpg even with the lift, 4 adult size people, 150lbsof hockey gear and mud tires, doing 80-85mph in the open.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram 2500 DEF fluid
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.