cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin RV 780 or 785 GPS

jcordar2
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to purchase a GPS and am wondering about the 780 vs the 785. Theres only a few dollars difference in the cost. The 785 indicates it has a dash cam included within the unit. Does anyone have this model? Is it a decent dash cam? It would be nice not to have to purchase a separate unit down the line! TIA!
Jane
6 REPLIES 6

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
I have the commercial version a Garmin 785 lmt. I've had it for at least 18 months and am real happy with it .
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

jcordar2
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!
Jane

LScamper
Explorer
Explorer
Lot of reviews on YouTube for both.
Lou

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Garmin 65W dash cam which I really like and I believe the early model Garmin 770 which I also like. If the the 785 was available then I might have considered it. However the 65W is such an awesome device on its own I might have stayed with them separate.
Compare the camera and function in the 785 with the wide angle camera and function of the 65W.
Good luck.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
If cost difference is "little" I would get the 785. one less thing to have to wire up, remove to avoid theft etc.
bumpy

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
I kind of like keeping these functions separate, so I got the one without the dashcam and added a $35 dedicated dashcam. So that way not only can I use them separately if I want to (like if I move the GPS to the car temporarily, I still have the dashcam in the RV), but if one of them breaks, I only need to replace that one.

Plus, when I last looked, the price difference between the two was around $75, so it was cheaper to buy the separate dashcam.