Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge makes clicking sound in Area where fridge is

Nanidh12
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Everyone.
I hope everyone is safe during these times.

I recently bought a travel trailer and I will be moving in soon. I have noticed that when I plug in my 2002 Trail Lite Travel trailer it makes a small clicking sound in the area of the fridge. It does go away soon after, but since I am a new to this I thought I would ask.

I have seen things online but most of what i read online its a continuous click and it's very loud.

The fridge is Dometic and I believe it is gas since it says there are two lights one for "Gas" other for "Auto". I looked at the manual but it didn't give me much information on the fridge.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!!
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. The buttons on the refer. AUTO button will engage the 120 volt heating section when plugged into shore 120 power. On AUTO, if you disconnect 120 shore power, the refer will auto switch to LP and you will hear that click sound for about 30 seconds. IF NO light of burner, the clicking stops and you will have a CHECK light by those buttons. Make sure the LP is ON and you may have to attempt lighting on LP 7 to 10 times to purge the LP line of air
2. On GAS, when this button is pushed, the refer will ONLY operate on LP gas.
3. Normal operation is on AUTO. Since most of the time you will be on Shore 120 volt power.
4. IF this is the problem and you connect 120 shore Power and the refer attempts to light, you either have NO 12 volt battery on the trailer or that Battery is BAD or you have a battery disconnect. The RV needs a good RV deep cycle battery to operate at its peak efficientcy. Doug

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
Be sure gas is turned on at the tank.

And purge the gas line by lighting and running the cooktop for a couple of minutes.

We were having issues with ours and I read somewhere to turn the temperature down then try it. That worked so far. The fridge is on gas (auto) 

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure gas is turned on at the tank.

Nanidh12
Explorer
Explorer
Okay thank you so much!

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
The clicking is the igniter for gas mode, put the switch to auto, then when you are plugged in it will run on electric. In auto it will go to gas when you are unplugged.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The sound of the igniter. It should only click a couple of times at most. Clean out your system and check orifices.