cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Louisiana State Parks

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been trying to gather info on the well being of LA SP's affected by the hurricanes. Especially Grand Isle SP & their community. Seems like that whole area got hit pretty bad. Is there specific web sites to get this info? The state park site doesn't offer much.
thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
8 REPLIES 8

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Best I could tell around Oberlin was the fartherest north for substantial damage. We had a huge pine tree go down in our family cemetery there. Dequincey and Reeves looked bad.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Charles area was hard hit by two storms so I would not expect parks there to open very soon. Grand Isle and New Orleans area - I would check with the individual park nearer the time of your trip. As for the rest of the state there are no problems.

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
We camped last week up at the Kisatchie NF (Beaver Dam near Minden) and no signs of storm damage, that area was in good shape.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
TxGearhead, We hope to visit that area, Grand Isle, Lake Charles and such in early May.
Hope you have a great & safe trip and keep us posted on the conditions, please.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I can't find anything recent but 9/6/20 statement, 6 southwest louisiana state parks were heavely damaged and would be closed until further notice the SP's were named.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
Do believe Grand Isle is closed. google Grand Isle; they will have all info. I follow park on face book and last I saw, they are closed.
Kennyg

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I can tell what I have seen...coming from Texas as soon as you cross the Sabine River into Louisiana it looks bad. Lake Charles looks terrible. Small towns north of Lake Charles appear to have had the eye pass over them with max strength eye wall winds. I haven't been to Lafayette or points east. I would assume Lafayette took a bad hit, being on the "dirty" side. But the farther east you go the better things should be.
Call first.
We have talked about Louisiana State Parks for a winter trip and I need to call around as well.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't find anything either. Try giving them a call. Anyone at the park would be happy to give you information on the park and community. I think they had some tidal flooding but nothing serious.