cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon Visible Ghost Phone

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does anyone have the Visible Ghost phone and do you like it? Can you turn off mobile data feature when you want to and use only wifi for web surfing? I can now do this with my Nokia 2.3 smartphone, however I must exchange phones and use their Ghost phone if I switch over from AT&T prepaid. Will VZ in store people help you make the switch to Visible ??? Thanks all.
10 REPLIES 10

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of confusing options with all these many cellular plans Mr. Wizard and that is how they make ton of money by confusing the customer. Smart marketing strategy on their part. I have experienced this with AT&T over the years.

I only stay with AT&T because of two old great grandfathered plans.

MrWizard
I want to switch to visible, looked into it some months back, I'm already on Verizon, but Visible won't accept my Samsung S5 and wanted me to trade in, I didn't like the phone offered for free exchange, and I'm still using and paying for my old plan, Im watching for the right price deal for a phone that I like, I want to switch, but I'm not spending what they want for one of the new Samsung's or LGs or Pixel phones

In Hindsight
I probably should have done the trade in and lived with using the less attractive to me phone, then use the money saved to get a phone I preferred,
I think I'm going to give that idea some thought
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Tom M for the info and link about the Ghost Phone.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a review of the Ghost phone from PC Magazine. They give it a poor rating:
https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/hot-pepper-ghost

I have had Visible since June of 2019 and it has worked great for me. Joined their Party Pay plan a few months later and that brought my total cost down to $25/month.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

That's the one downside of Visible is that they only support a limited number of phone models. I couldn't use my preferred phone, a Samsung Note, on their service. Had to switch to my iPhone as my primary phone. Miss the built-in stylus as I'm a terrible at using the touch keyboard.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Edd505 wrote:
What if your phones not listed? I'm still using and old Droid Turbo and hate buying a new phone when the old still works.

I recently bought a new Nokia 2.3 android phone and also reluctant to change out phones for Visible. My number will not transfer for some ****** reason. These outfits that won't transfer your number are missing out on many customers me thinks. I still have a good deal with old grandfathered AT&T prepaid and their Mobley device but Visible sounds better for phone service. Cheers

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
What if your phones not listed? I'm still using and old Droid Turbo and hate buying a new phone when the old still works.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
We switched to Visible from Verizon s while back and could not be more pleased with the service. Very easy porting number and phone from old service to new and the whole process was done online, after I got the card and installed it, with no snags whatsoever. My phone is set to use WiFi automatically when it is available.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for that info 1492.

Both my Android and iOS phones are set to use WiFi first when connected. If WiFi is not available, it will switch to mobile data.

Visible has no set limits on 4G LTE data use, and I'm getting around 140Mbps down. Phones supported list here.

Most people I've mentioned about Visible switched over from their existing Verizon service, and has said they couldn't tell a difference. Visible was also the easiest mobile service to self activate and port my existing phone no. from their website. They also have very responsive phone support in my opinion.