cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s the little things! Gravel Pad for my TT!!

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got back from our last trip of the year (probably) and parked the TT on its new gravel pad next to the house. It’s not a huge thing but it is a nice thing to have. Check it out!

Have a great thanksgiving week everyone!

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
15 REPLIES 15

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now get a Carolina Carport and complete the transformation! We have recycled asphalt millings and a 31' by 18' carport to keep the roof dry.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you all for the kind comments! I am very excited and am already planning camping trips next year. (Making reservations this week)

I love living here in Tennessee and having the trailer here at the house sure is convenient.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH

~Walt Disney~

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beautiful! Not a small thing at all. And look at all that room! Out here in coastal Southern California, you would have to be a multi-millionaire to have a lot as big as yours.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
pinesman wrote:
Mice are not as happy about running across a gravel parking area as they are grass so it will help keep the mice out of the camper too

Trust me, this is actually very true.

That's something I never realized.
Several years ago I removed the topsoil from about half of my yard and covered it with gravel. I used it for storing the Southwind and other parking. I have never had a mouse problem.
Sometimes I'm a slow learner. :S

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
kellem wrote:
pinesman wrote:
Mice are not as happy about running across a gravel parking area as they are grass so it will help keep the mice out of the camper too

Yeah, we get field mice in the house every year, in 4 years of having the trailer on gravel we've yet to have a mouse problem.

/Knock on wood
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
pinesman wrote:

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I do similar with the pavers. Bonus, less sinking into soft ground.

Depending on the gravel depth, it makes for better drainage away from the TT.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Nice!

Not allowed by my HOA -- and other things, smudge on my wall..., lol.

We all make choices. 🙂
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH

~Walt Disney~

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! Great parking place.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!

Not allowed by my HOA -- and other things, smudge on my wall..., lol.

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
ADK Camper wrote:
I did something similar. Instead of a gravel pad, I got 4 3'x3' concrete paving blocks and embedded them in the ground so that they were all level relative to one another and spaced to match the camper's tires.

A benefit of this is that I have a specific spot to aim for that positions my camper exactly where I want it, and more importantly, it results in a perfectly level placement. This is especially good when pre-cooling the refrigerator before a trip.

I did the same thing (and also a paving block for the front post). Makes leveling automatic and when you get the tires onto the pavers, you know you don't need to back up any further.

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I did something similar. Instead of a gravel pad, I got 4 3'x3' concrete paving blocks and embedded them in the ground so that they were all level relative to one another and spaced to match the camper's tires.

A benefit of this is that I have a specific spot to aim for that positions my camper exactly where I want it, and more importantly, it results in a perfectly level placement. This is especially good when pre-cooling the refrigerator before a trip.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a nice setup. I would give anything to have my trailer parked at my house. Enjoy
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch