cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need advice for Rochester, MN

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
When we travel to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, we always stay at Autumn Woods RV Park. In December, my husband has an appointment for just an X-ray so we're thinking that we'll take the car for a day trip and leave the RV in Madison, WI. Because we'll have the dogs with us, I'm looking for a place, like a city or county park, that will be open in December where I can wait in the car for a couple hours while my husband has his appointments.

Can you recommend a park what will be open and the roads plowed?

Thanks. Tracy
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer
4 REPLIES 4

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for great ideas. I never thought of the dog park. I know there is one south of downtown that we have been to before. I'll check out the Nature Center, too. Sounds interesting. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks again. Tracy
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking to while away a couple of hours, try Quarry Hill Nature Center on the east side of town. Just a few minutes from any of the Mayo facilities. Of course it is winter, and it all depends on when it last snowed, but should be a good spot to do a short stroll (or longer, depending on weather). Dogs have to be leashed. Check out the old sandstone "caves" (actually old food storage for the old State Hospital).
You may want to give a call ahead about whether they have cleared some of the paved walking trails if it has just recently snowed.

https://qhnc.org/
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

dedmiston
You're smart to research ahead of time.

We had a day to kill last fall in Elkhart, IN when our RV was in for repairs. We were shocked to learn that their dog parks are "member only" and that it was going to cost us $30 to go to any of their municipal dog parks. Guess what were empty all day? Yes, the municipal dog parks.

We found a dog friendly bar instead and had a grand old time.

Not suggesting you find a bar for the day. Good luck to you and your husband.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
You could Google "rochester, mn. dog parks, open year round"
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu