Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Geocache of a mysterious nature in Utah

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55056570

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
12 REPLIES 12

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Can't tell from the photo and I haven't read anywhere, is the thing in rock or dirt?

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
monkey44 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Art is in the eye of the beholder. This seems like low impact to me.
Although there seems to be water there so if the place is frequented by visitors it could disrupt a wildlife watering hole.

The trouble with low-impact, and accepting it, then it eventually grows into a large impact .. like a bulldozer.

Once someone gets away with C like this, it snowballs. NO ONE should ever get away with damaging our national ecosystems. Take one spoonful of sand out of a kids sandbox one day at a time, and in a month it will be empty.

Purdy small sandbox if you can empty it with 31 spoon fulls.

I do know what you mean though.

Still, let the punishment fit the crime. Remove the thing and if the people are caught make them pick up trash or something. No use in sending them to prison over something that did no permanent damage.

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Somebody just saw a rerun of 2001 a space odyssey.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
monkey44 wrote:
Some people do things and call it art, and are damaging our parks.

The statement above reminds me of this.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
time2roll wrote:
Although there seems to be water there so if the place is frequented by visitors it could disrupt a wildlife watering hole.

The trouble with low-impact, and accepting it, then it eventually grows into a large impact .. like a bulldozer.

Once someone gets away with C like this, it snowballs. NO ONE should ever get away with damaging our national ecosystems. Take one spoonful of sand out of a kids sandbox one day at a time, and in a month it will be empty.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Like crop circles it'll be found out to be a scam.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Didn't some billionaire hide something worth a lot of money out there somewhere? Mabey they found it and don't realize it.

They found the treasure chest.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Some people do things and call it art, and are truly artists.

Some people do things and call it art, and are damaging our parks.

It's not very difficult to tell the difference.

I imagine at some point, the person - people that placed this will strive for national recognition and suddenly mistakenly become unrecognized artists.

Anyone that agrees with this statement as art will be mistaken. Unless, of course, this monolith actually originated on another planet. ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Didn't some billionaire hide something worth a lot of money out there somewhere? Mabey they found it and don't realize it.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I expect this item to be found soon. I would mount an expedition myself if I had the time.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of people like a bit of controversy, a sensation, the satisfaction of creating it, it's existence even without anyone knowing they did it.
It is not allowed on Federal Property, but they will probably leave it alone.
When I was kid they called me David Crocket....So I carved David Crocket caught a Bobcat, on one tree near the spot, and captured a bar on another, and David Crockett killed a Bar on this tree on another a mile or so in the woods. I knew no one would believe it bu to find something like that far off the beat track welll...