cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Still shopping

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see, I'm still shopping around for a used class A gasser.

Any comments on a 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H. It has 30k miles, and asking $39,850.

Looks like it's in great shape.

Thanks
KillingTime
10 REPLIES 10

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
With such infrequent use I would go for the least expensive with the best floor plan. Gas/Diesel will make no difference. Even ride and handling becomes a very minor issue when used infrequently. What you do want is comfort and convenience while parks which is why the correct floor plan is so important. You will be parked most of the time!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
My wish list for a class A is levelers, electric awning, and generator, which most have.

I find that older DP's '02 thru '07 that are in my price range have these. The quality in the older pushers seem to be better than the '12 thru '15 range gassers.

I'm looking at Newmars, Fleetwoods, Winnebagos, Tiffin and HR. I am also pretty set on purchasing from a private seller.

Now, I do understand that diesels maintenance costs are higher, but a well cared for one with under 75k miles is starting to look pretty good right now.

So, my question for those that have owned both, which is a better bet, an older dp or newer gasser?

We are retired and will use the mh probably 6 to 8 times a year for no more than a couple weeks each.

Thanks....Skip
KillingTime

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
I think GDS is right on.
We've narrowed our search to Tiffin, Winnebago, and Newmar. All around 34 to 36 footers in the 2011, 12,13 and 2014 year range.
It seems that the prices are much higher than expected before the virus hit.
We had heard that folks were turning to RV's for travel rather than flying, cruising, or train trips for safety from this Covid.

Might be better to wait until the vacine brings back the other modes of vacationing to purchase our MH.

Although, we would like to get started sooner, we don't want to find out in a few months that we over paid as much as fifteen to twenty thousand dollars now.

Thanks for all your inputs on this site!!

Skip
KillingTime

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Overpriced by at least $15K, but in the current market the seller knows one is born every minute so they'll most likely find one, especially in FL this time of year.

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
OP here.

Looking at a 2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA. Looks in great shape and has 43,000 miles on her. Retired sellers in Florida wants $69k.

Any comments on this model?

Thanks
KillingTime

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Edit: I looked at the photos of one of the rigs at RVtrader and it looked like it had a full wall slide. I'd find out what slide mechanism is used if you look at one with a full wall slide and research to see if there were problems with it. Some of the full wall slide outs have had problems.

Based on our shopping experience, rigs can look a lot different when you see them in person. So be prepared for that. That's not to say that there are some great buys out there, but it can take some time to find them, and it can be a chore to keep traveling around to look at units that look promising.

As to price, aside from NADA which can be on the high side according to many folks, all you can do is search online to see where the prices are. Right now, on rvtrade.com, there are three units listing with prices listed for two of them at $60-70K:

https://www.rvtrader.com/2008-Winnebago-Voyage-32h/rvs-for-sale?make=Winnebago%7C2307464&model=VOYAGE%7C764852867&trim=32H%7C6879&year=2008%3A2008

But, it's all about condition and service records. If you know the general price range, the condition and service records will lead you to determine what the rig is worth to you.

We started out in late 2017 looking for an older gas rig (2005-2008) with the idea of spending $35K or so. After seeing what was available, and then seeing our 2012 Bay Star, we looked again at our budget and decided to spend more. Our Bay Star was in such great shape, whereas the rigs we had looked at that were older not only looked dated, but were worn and/or needed a lot of renovation. I didn't want to get into doing that kind of work.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

rickcarlene
Explorer
Explorer
wjschill wrote:
As you can see, I'm still shopping around for a used class A gasser.

Any comments on a 2008 Winnebago Voyage 32H. It has 30k miles, and asking $39,850.

Looks like it's in great shape.

Thanks
https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2008/Winnebago/M-32H-Ford-_/3048535/Values

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
oil just hit $47 bucks a barrel by spring gas should be 3bucks a gal or more.I like private sellers whats a dealer know about a trade in?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Oasisbob wrote:
An honest seller will have no problem taking the unit to a non biast third party shop for thorough inspection. Look at blue book value.

Where does someone find blue book values for RV's? Did you mean NADA?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
An honest seller will have no problem taking the unit to a non biast third party shop for thorough inspection. Look at blue book value.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)