Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ford vs Dodge 4 point fifthwheel attachment
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Ford vs Dodge 4 point fifthwheel attachment

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Goldbrick

Royal Oak, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Reese 16K Signature 5th wheel hitch that was installed on my F250 Ford. Is this hitch compatible with the dodge factory hitch in bed attachment? IF not can it be adjusted to make it compatible?

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are asking if a hitch for oem Ford puck system will fit the Ram pucks, the answer is no.

Jerry

stickdog

Somewhere, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

If you are asking if a hitch for oem Ford puck system will fit the Ram pucks, the answer is no.

Jerry

You wouldn't want conformity what fun would that be. I purchased a 2017 F350 DWR to replace my 2009 F350 DRW> It didn't come with the puck system so I had a turnball hitch installed figuring I could use my B&W Companion hitch. Got to use half of it, the head was OK but the factory told me I needed a new base.

9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a B&W Companion hitch with the factory puck system for my 2016 F350 and I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to keep it for the puck system in the redesigned 2017 F350. The Ram puck system has a much wider stance than the Ford. I would sell your Reese hitch and buy a B&W for the Ram.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Jerry

I am wondering if it just a bedrail type hitch , I couldn't find a Reese 16K Signature with a puck system style . I have the 18K Reese Signature sliding hitch , they have the same head as the Elite, great hitch. I can see why he wants to keep using it. When I bought my Ram ,it had the puck system, so I went with Reese picture frame adapter that fit the pucks ,and enabled me to stay with the Reese Hitch

If that is his situation, he could go with an adapter, there are three of them now, Reese ,Demco, and Pullrite. He hasn't been back, but I have to think that 16K hitch has been on standard rails. I will take another look ,but I don't think Reese sells a Signature hitch that goes in the OEM puck system. They do sell fifth wheel hitches that do, but not the Signature .

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, I think the original Reese/Ford OEM for pucks was an Elite, and only available as an 18K and a 20 something, maybe 25K? If OP would return, offer more info, we could give better advice. OP seems confused, maybe meant 18K, not 16K, who knows? Maybe doesn't know difference between Sig and Elite?

Stop by OP, give more info!!

Jerry

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After further looking , pretty sure the OP has an aftermarket Reese underbed puck system that allows this 16K Signature hitch to be attached, enables a gooseneck hitch or this 16K fifth wheel hitch to be installed , its vehicle specific. This 16K has the four point locking system that only fits that aftermarket . Pretty sure he is stuck with a hitch that only goes on the ford aftermarket.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

I agree, I think the original Reese/Ford OEM for pucks was an Elite, and only available as an 18K and a 20 something, maybe 25K? If OP would return, offer more info, we could give better advice. OP seems confused, maybe meant 18K, not 16K, who knows? Maybe doesn't know difference between Sig and Elite?

Stop by OP, give more info!!

Jerry

What I found, I didn't know existed , that underbed Reese puck system, it goes underneath ,would have to require four holes cut in the bed , just like the OE puck system the Ford ,and Ram has now. It appears to bolt up underneath. Its a frame with the four pucks. Part # for the hitch is 30057.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Part # I believe is 30126 for the underbed Reese puck system for the Ford. I think he is going to have to start over , pretty sure that hitch is also truck specific.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B&W, Be Happy!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Ford vs Dodge 4 point fifthwheel attachment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.