Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ford vs Dodge 4 point fifthwheel attachment
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Ford vs Dodge 4 point fifthwheel attachment

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Part # I believe is 30126 for the underbed Reese puck system for the Ford. I think he is going to have to start over , pretty sure that hitch is also truck specific.

I agree with the start over, if he already purchased a Ram truck. Since OP has not returned, it would seem he got his answer, from my original post.

If he has not yet purchased the Ram, he may be able to use that Reese hitch, in a newer Ford, with OEM pucks??? Would gain, best mirrors, best IBC, save $1400 by using same hitch![emoticon]

If he owns a Ram already, with OEM pucks, then a 3600 hitch is a wise choice. If the 16K Sig will fit in Ford OEM puck system, it would be easy to sell!

Jerry

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Part # I believe is 30126 for the underbed Reese puck system for the Ford. I think he is going to have to start over , pretty sure that hitch is also truck specific.

I agree with the start over, if he already purchased a Ram truck. Since OP has not returned, it would seem he got his answer, from my original post.

If he has not yet purchased the Ram, he may be able to use that Reese hitch, in a newer Ford, with OEM pucks??? Would gain, best mirrors, best IBC, save $1400 by using same hitch![emoticon]

If he owns a Ram already, with OEM pucks, then a 3600 hitch is a wise choice. If the 16K Sig will fit in Ford OEM puck system, it would be easy to sell!

Jerry

I agree, especially the mirrors ,compared to the Ram mirrors. I don't blame him for wanting to keep that Signature ,as said I have that hitch in an 18K slider. They have the same head as the Elite , one piece 1" thick wrap around jaw, very solid .

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my "ANTLER" mirrors!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Ford vs Dodge 4 point fifthwheel attachment
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.