Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Diamond c

West ky

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my opinion thats what a cast iron skillet on the stove is for. We like steaks and burgers and such on charcoal, and I also use charcoal for Dutch oven cooking also. But that’s what we like and to each their own.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was hoping this wasnt the case but the legs are screwed in. For some this will make it not a good choice because it wont pack away.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/20 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

wopachop wrote:

Happy day!!!

[image]

[image]

I think that girl thinks you're creeepin on her!

Lol, especially if he yelled "happy day".

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a few in our area walmarts but this version doesn't appear portable for use when RVing. Already have too many large propane and charcoal grills at home where we use a griddle occasionally as needed. Will get a portable version sometime down the road.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Personally I will continue to grill and would certainly not want to cook burgers or other meats on a griddle. I do have a griddle that goes on top of burners and works well for pancakes. Can someone explain why they switched from a grill to a griddle?

bacon and eggs, pancakes, hash browns, we do lots of meals on our blackstone. yes, we do use our grill for burgers, steaks etc. but the blackstone grill is big enough to cook up a big batch of bacon and eggs, pancakes etc. at one time so everyone can eat at the same time.

yes a cast iron pan can do in a pinch but not for a a dozen pancakes at once, or a few pounds of bacon and a dozen or so eggs.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nah, I think I'll stick to cooking inside. I may grill steaks and burger over some charcoal, but I gave up cooking outside when the stove was moved indoors.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sandia Man wrote:

I found a few in our area walmarts but this version doesn't appear portable for use when RVing.
Correct the legs are screwed in. I didnt know that when i first made the post.

Good part is you dont have to use the legs. You can buy the griddle with hood for $150 on Amazon. If you want to save 50 bucks this might be a good choice. Only difference is this model will sit about 2 inches higher. I can post pictures of how it looks.

For me personally this is exactly what i was going to build. Plan was to buy the 1813 off amazon and then find a cart with wheels at harbor freight. Then buy the adapter hose to use a big 5 gal tanks. That would end up being around $200 im guessing. Scoring this unit for $99 is like a dream!!!

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also purchased the 22" adventure ready model. It's great for home use but because the stand does not collapse or fold I do not think it makes a good RV grill.
The grill is fine and if you made some sort of stand for it, including casters to cover the metal feet, it could be adapted for RV use. But as is, it is not set up for RV use.
At $99.00 I saw the Adventure Ready 22" griddle as too good to be true and a deal too good to pass up.
I wanted it for the RV to replace my 17" Blackstone griddle.
In the end, it is still a good deal but not as RV friendly as I had hoped.
I did score a deal on a freestanding 22" model and purchased a hood separately.
That combo cost me $150.00. However the freestanding model comes with adjustable feet for leveling and fits on the stand I was previously using with my 17" model.
I sold my 17" model to my buddy and bought the 22" freestanding and I thought I was set.
I then saw the $99.00 adventure ready model and figured that was even a better deal. At that point I still had the chance to return my freestanding 22" Blackstone for a refund.
I purchased the 99.00 special off a pallet, no display available. Had a display model been available I may not have purchased it! Just a small rant, because I purchased site unseen which is always a mistake!
Later discovered the stand would not fold and the griddle had non adjustable steel pegs for feet that clipped/locked into the ridged stand.
The 99.00 Adventure Ready special was really not what I expected and is not really RV friendly. However I ended up keeping the $99.00 special. I will use it at home on the deck. The $99.00 special is still a good buy, just not as RV friendly as I hoped.
I also kept my $150.00 freestanding model for RV use. So now I have 2 new 22" Blackstone griddles vs. just one for the RV.
AT the end of the day I ended up with a nice bargain priced griddle but I certainly did not save any money on the 99.00 model....now that I have 2 griddles.
No good deed goes unpunished....LOL..
Time will tell if buying the $99.00 model for home use was a smart move, I did enjoy making breakfast on the deck with the griddle...I also made fajitas for dinner. Hopefully I will enjoy having the Blackstone available as an option.
For the record I never went out to the RV (which is stored at home) and bought the 17" griddle up to the deck. Prior to buying the 99.00 model the my Blackstone Griddle was used exclusively on the RV with no intention of using it at home

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 17 inch blackstone. It's fine, but it only has 1 burner.

I want to buy a 22 inch blackstone to give me the versatility of 2 burners, 2 control knobs, and thus 2 different heat zone temps.

Oftentimes when cooking different things on the same grill, one items needs a certain temp and another item requires a different temp. That's why I want to replace my 17 inch. Eggs need a lower temp than bacon or sausage, etc.

Just a little food for thought, pun intended.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.