Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Easy tool to locate things from walmart. You need to find the SKU on Walmart site to search.
inventory checker

SKU for easy fold down model is 179647360

* This post was edited 11/25/20 10:18am by bob213 *

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Nope, no way is a flat top burger the equal of a charcoal grilled burger. Gas grill is a different story. And flat top steak vs charcoal grilled steak? Don't make me laugh.

Oh, and a well-cooked steak is supposed to be raw in the middle. Any other way is just roast beef. [emoticon]

I carry a "Weber Q" and a 22"Blackstone. They both have their purpose.
The Blackstone wins the breakfast battle, but there is a lot of room to debate when it comes to steaks and burgers.
Fajitas, steak subs, fish tacos, grilled veggies are all Blackstone only items.
A gridle plate on top of a grill is a far cry from a true Blackstone experience.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A cover and a wind block riveted to a 17 inch Blackstone solves all of the one burner concerns. Much lighter,smaller,and less expensive . Go to HD or Lowes and get a flat aluminum bar rivet it to sides of burner housing issues solved.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Nope, no way is a flat top burger the equal of a charcoal grilled burger. Gas grill is a different story. And flat top steak vs charcoal grilled steak? Don't make me laugh.

Oh, and a well-cooked steak is supposed to be raw in the middle. Any other way is just roast beef. [emoticon]

I carry a "Weber Q" and a 22"Blackstone. They both have their purpose.
The Blackstone wins the breakfast battle, but there is a lot of room to debate when it comes to steaks and burgers.
Fajitas, steak subs, fish tacos, grilled veggies are all Blackstone only items.
A gridle plate on top of a grill is a far cry from a true Blackstone experience.
I don't cook outside. When we bought a trailer with a kitchen, we did it for a reason: so we didn't have to cook outside. I do use a small charcoal grill periodically, but I honestly have no desire to drag everything outside, and then back in again just for the experience of outdoor cooking. Indoor kitchens are a wonderful invention and I have every intention of taking full advantage of them.

To me, the outdoor griddle is just one more thing to hassle with cleaning, moving, and fiddling with. For two people our 15" cast iron skillet works fine, with less muss and fuss. I just have to admit that I fail to see the attraction, kind of like sleeping outside when I have a nice bedroom to lie down in.

Now, a large griddle would be very handy when serving large numbers of people, but we never do that so it's a moot point.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know this is a Blackstone thread, but I've seen a few mentions of other grills to complement the outdoor cooking arsenal.

My family always gave me a hard time for taking forever to cook on my Webber Q (great grill, but the slowest cooker ever).

I finally upgraded to a portable Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker. I love my little Traeger at home, so I thought this portable cooker would be a good choice for the RV. We've had it since July '19 and I love it so much that we got their behemoth huge smoker for home and quit using the Traeger.

It's pretty heavy to lug around and it takes more space than the Webber did, but I've never regretted the switch.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got it put together. Solid litte unit. The 5g propane tank hangs off the side. I was disappointed at first because i pictured packing everything away into my storage compartment.

Now i realize it would just equal more work. Depending on how much room your trailer has this could actually be a really good choice. All my friends have toyhaulers. Rolling the cart up the rear ramp is going to make this griddle super easy to setup. I plan to keep it in my trailer next to my regular stove and use it daily. I full time in this thing. Maybe roll it outside for extra greasy items like bacon.

I do understand the majority of campers will not want a big bulky item like this.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My buddy brings out a mini treager. Runs a genny just to power that thing. Cooks tons of stuff for the group its always awesome to be downwind of him!!

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

My buddy brings out a mini treager. Runs a genny just to power that thing. Cooks tons of stuff for the group its always awesome to be downwind of him!!

Awesome. It's great to have a friend with the toys who also cooks for you.

He should look into getting a small inverter for his Traeger. They don't hardly use any power and it would cut down on the hours on his gen.

I run my GMG grill off our inverter all the time and it hardly affects our batteries.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My stepson had a Traeger pellet smoker and absolutely loved the convenience, especially for large briskets. He would simply put the brisket on at night, and set everything and BOOM, come morning it was done. The main reason he got rid of it was he said he couldn't get the deep smoke ring that he could with a traditional smoker. So he went back to a charcoal smoker.

I use a propane fired smoker and it works pretty well. But a lot more work than a pellet smoker, but less work than a charcoal one.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

wopachop wrote:

OkieGene wrote:

I have the 17 inch blackstone.  It's fine, but it only has 1 burner.
There is a guy online who works for blackstone and makes cooking videos. He makes it clear that he is only making the videos out of the love for cooking. Its not to sell blackstone griddles.

Claims he has seasoned 100 blackstones in his time. I watched his video seasoning a 17" and it struggled to get hot in the corners. He gave the tip to literally pick the griddle up and rotate it 180 degrees. Not sure how that changes anything considering their H shaped flame pattern. Isnt the flame pattern symmetrical?

Whatever the case that video convinced me to avoid the 17". Three days ago i could have easily spent $130 for a 17" off amazon. So glad i didnt. The 2 burner 22" is where is at for us campers is my opinion.

Exactly! I have the 17" and it sucks! Even though it has 2 burners it only has 1 control knob. And yes he corners don't get hot. My buddy has the 22" and it is a completely different cooking experience. Individual heat zones, more complete cooking area, and his came with the legs and lid. Eventually I will get the 22". The 17" isn't even a good cheap model. I would tell everyone to avoid it!

I wouldn't say a 17" sucks on a average warm day it gets plenty hot enough,but on a cold morning or cool windy day it can struggle.
Being from the windy city I can see where you feel it sucks.
But even though I sold my 17" model it worked well for the most part.
Granted the 22" does work better but for $70-$90 the 17" is a decent buy.

Ive used it here in northern IL, northern WI, FL, out west, in the mountains. hot or cold weather, doesn't matter the heating area is limited and the edges get warm.

to those that say you cant make good burgers or steaks on a flattop, yes that is true, but you cant make bacon, pancakes/French toast and hash browns on a charcoal grille either! and trying to make a philly cheese steak or panini on a grille doesn't work well either. a flattop has a great spot for outdoor cooking, you just have to choose what you cook on wisely!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.