Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I have a 17 inch already, but getting it out to use it at home is a pain, so I only have once or twice. I have a screened in back porch so I cannot grill as the smoke is too much even with a gas grill, and I never liked cooking directly over a LP flame.

So after a online check I found that a Walmart about 30 miles from the house had two in stock. Several other closer stores were Out of Stock.

I won't comment on the area where this store is located (there really are some nice housing areas not far away) but they only have one entrance open, and lots of police and security on duty both in and out of the store. Anyhow, I found them rather quickly in the garden area, there were actually three of them.

When you unpack it, you will find one major issue, the gas hose will probably be badly kinked. To make it fit in the box, it was folded over on itself and I may have to replace the hose and regulator if it proves to be a problem.

Beyond the hose, I found it to be well made and of good quality and all of the pieces fit together properly. The wheels are actual rubber or polyurethane; solid, not thin, hollow plastic like I expected.

Assembly is easy but time consuming. You need a table to set it upside down on, and opening the package with the hardware is difficult without scattering parts, so open the hardware on a towel spread out to keep stuff from getting away. Some of the screws are pre-locktited (is that a word?) and for assembly you will need a #3 phillips, as a #2 will tear up the screw heads. You will also need a 10, 14 and 17 mm combination wrenches to tighten the wheels and the few nuts there are.

I already have flax seed oil so I will use that to season with, and I have throw away grease cups from the 17 inch model so I am set there.

Flax seed oil has a rather high flash point and does OK for seasoning. I did my 17 inch griddle in the oven in the house, the way Cowboy Kent Rollins (Cowboy Cooking) recommends doing cast iron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZMXZfc........&list=PLQHi7MO6wVAqSJuzQ8wBk2xcWvF4UXZsp

https://youtu.be/mSOJkGpdHiE

Charles

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/20 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cooked bacon on mine, seasoning and cooking at the same time.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not quite as good of a deal as the $99.00 model . But this model is smaller , portable, and better for RV use.
No Stand or hood but it comes with a bag.
$129.00 not a bad price.

Another 22" Blackstone Griddle on sale at Wal Mart

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fired it up today and on round 4 of seasoning. Wish I could backtrack to round 1.

Blackstone website and blackstone videos contradict each other. I would have done things differently if I got all the info first and developed my own technique.

The center gets to 700F. I'm not a steak guy but doesnt Ruth's Chris advertise as cooking at 800F?

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/20 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my 17" blackstone....

We take it every where with us. It was on sale for $75.00 at the time and I had a $25.00 gift card so it was a no brainer for me. It came with a cover and a carry bag.

I season it every couple of trips, but cook bacon on it every trip so that assists in the seasoning .

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was just in Walmart last night looking at bacon. Its amazing the price people pay for fat. Many choices were out of stock. Everything had color and smoke flavor added. Gonna make a Costco run. They used to sell the nitrate free bacon but that disappeared from our local Costco a couple years ago.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ This is an actual observation? The price of bacon? ROFL

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Honestly man dont think I have ever actually bought bacon in my life. Raw bacon. My girlfriend cooks it weekly but me personally would never pay that much for it.
Probably change now that I have the griddle. Was excited yesterday to buy some at Walmart but it was slim pickins.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was just thinking I should ask here. Where do you buy your favorite bacon and what brand do you like.

Some of you will live in areas where awesome cuts of meat are superior to what I can find.

We do have stator brothers and they have always been known for their meats. I pretty much live off pork loin and chicken breast. Taste good and 2 bucks a pound.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im told bacon at Costco is only $3 a pound. Also told the stator bros bacon is really expensive. Hey it's fun to learn!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blackstone 22" griddle for $99 at Walmart!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.