Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Broken cargo door key
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Broken cargo door key

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

Looks like a Southco baggage door latch.

Your picture shows the number R001 on the side of the broken keep. They are available too

Key R001

I've stared at that key at least a dozen times to "double-check" to see if there was a number on the head like the CH751 keys, but I never noticed the R001 on the edge.

I'll go back out this morning in the daylight and see if the other piece is on the ground or in the lock.

It's a pass-through storage compartment, but I'm a big boy and it's not a huge space, especially with the furnace ducting and waste tank plumbing in the middle. I'll need to hire a small child to crawl in there if it comes to it (kidding).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I present to y'all EXHIBIT A in my case for why we all need to have a good Mobile RV Tech and treat him or her like gold.

I was on a team Zoom call just now and grinding my teeth because Camping World parts desk hung up on me four times in a row (yes, there's a reason why we all hate them so much) when I heard my dogs going nuts and my wife talking to someone. She opened my door and yelled my name (even though the closed door means I'm on a call) and brought my tech into my home office with a grin on his face.

[image]

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I've already ordered two replacement keys, but having this one in hand means I can access more crucial stuff like space heaters this weekend. Plus that's where I store my lug wrench and emergency triangles, which means I 100% would have had a blowout if that door was still locked (because that's how Murphy's Law works).

Anyway, find yourself a great tech nearby and treat him well enough that he won't mind doing you a rare favor. My wife gave him a great big hug, which lit up his face. "Forget COVID", he said, and than he gave me a big gorilla hug too (I guess I have whatever cooties my wife has, so why not).

Thanks again, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving. Go hug a tech!

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome!
Glad you got it done![emoticon]

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/20 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

..... "Forget COVID", he said, and than he gave me a big gorilla hug too (I guess I have whatever cooties my wife has, so why not).

Thanks again, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving. Go hug a tech!

Another 1500 Covid deaths in the past 24 hrs. That is likely to double soon. Are you sure you want to hug strangers?

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife have a crochet hook? Small size might be able to get in there.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Are you sure you want to hug strangers?

He's not a stranger. He's a very dear man and we've worked together for years now.

And that was actually my point. Your local independent RV tech should be someone you have formed a relationship with. He shouldn't be a stranger.

I'm pretty tall, slightly handsome, and tan year round. He's taller, way more handsome than me, and very dark skinned. I'm grateful that he considers me enough of a friend that he'd bail me out on such a busy day. He pulled a thorn from my paw and I owe him.I

Happy Thanksgiving.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 10 years of RVing with a couple of years as a full timer and a great many trips of several months, I have never once needed a "local independent RV tech". I have had one repair I could not easily have handled myself. My solar controller died when I was in Death Valley so I went to Camping World in LV to have a replacement installed. I would have been much better off doing the installation myself. They connected the wires incorrectly and burned out the new unit. I had to wait another day for someone else to do the install. Even then I told them what they did wrong.

I did have a lock issue once but that did not require an RV tech. A local locksmith handled the issue in a few minutes.

In any case you seemed to want to add that it was a good idea to flaunt the recommendations for social distancing during the Covid pandemic. I have no idea why you felt it necessary to bring that to the thread.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

I'm pretty tall, slightly handsome

Happy Thanksgiving.

[image]

Tall, yes [emoticon]

Happy Thanksgiving,
Jerry

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Indeed, Happy Thanksgiving to all. If the worst we have to be concerned about is a broken key, we can surely count our blessings.

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

I'm pretty tall, slightly handsome

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tall, yes [emoticon]

Happy Thanksgiving,
Jerry

Jerry, you need a new washing machine. The one you have is making your T-shirts bulge out in the front! [emoticon][emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Broken cargo door key
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.