cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Shower

BigDaddy1951
Explorer
Explorer
The plastic hose on my outside sprayer in the water bay gets very stiff and makes it almost useless. Has anyone found a good replacement?
6 REPLIES 6

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, something I actually have some first hand experience with.

While I love the compartment/service faucet or outside shower concept, it isn't all that well executed on a lot of rigs. The valve, hose, and shower head on my rig were original and old and checked, and very stiff. I went to use it this fall and I couldn't get the hot side to completly shut off, so I had to replace the whole set up. Looking around I found this.

Amazon Link to exterior shower with coiled hose.

There are a couple different version of this for different RV applications, and some color choice.

The coiled hose has a quick release to the faucet. The hose also remains pretty soft in cold weather, run some hot water through it and the hose is very flexible. When done, take the hose off the faucet and put it in a convenient place or compartment. I have two hoses for this faucet, one is for when I'm dumping my tanks and dealing with sewage water, and I have a separate faucet that is kept with my fresh water gear for purposes not related to tank dumping.

If you purchase and install this, it will really give you good utility to that outside shower.

Here is a video of it being installed. YouTube video.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The real reason for what I call the Dog Shower is rinsing the 3" hose.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
If it's so cool outside, that the outside shower house is stiff, the only thing it might get used for is muddy shoes & boots,
Not going to wash the dogs or me in those conditions
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
10 seconds with the HOT water on will make it flexible again....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is a standard shower hose (1/2 inch thread) the Indoor shower on my Rig had a metal armored hose (The sprial metal stuff) and that type flexes in all weather. Google found the following EXAMPLE I stress EXAMPLE.

Click Here
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
just use the type they use on your sink at home if you have one. This is what I used when they start leaking. Also the one for the shower works also.

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=kitchen%20sink%20spray%20hose