cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trans temp gauge reads '0'

bob_b
Explorer
Explorer
'06 Allergo Bus, Allison trans, no reading on trans temp. It's a cold trip heading to Az but not that cold. Just looking for a little assistance as where to look. Bob
bob b
4 REPLIES 4

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several years ago I had the same issue. The wire connector had come unplugged from the sensor on the transmission. I think it was on the rear of the Allison 3000, but was easy to reattach.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
It will read cold most of the time. It takes sped load and torque to get it up to show much temperature. Climbing a mountain it will show especially if towing a vehicle. In hot weather it will, of course show earlier. Took ours to Freightliner then Allison shortly after buying it because we thought the trans temp gauge was not working properly. All was fine. That was 2005 model. newer ones I cannot say. Take yours to the factory or to the chassis mfg service service center and have it checked.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Not knowing which Allison you have, I did a quick search. Looks like most are single wire. The location of the sensor varies. I would try to locate the sending unit. disconnect wire, check gauge. Next ground the wire and check gauge. Could be bad wire or defective sending unit.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
check to see if wire is hook on to sensor
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide