Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: 2019 Northern Lite 10-2
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2019 Northern Lite 10-2

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/20 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the shade inside the camper by the sink began to discolor, Northern Lite sent a new one including frame, Northern Lite did this after seeing pictures without me asking I just wanted a opinion on what might have caused it. Northern Lite was great on promptly shipping a new one. Now the problem no directions to get to the screws that hold the frame and blind on the wall how do you take the sides on top off the old blind, do they just pry off with a push from a putty knife, or is there a easier way. This is our first Northern Lite, and it has not been used much because of a house fire that consumed most of last year and this year so far but that disaster headache is over now. I ned to fix my blind in the camper and take some time away from the farm.

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

bigfootgrey

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 03:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would contact NL again. They should be able to assist you with the replacement process.

2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s. 2015 Lund Alaskan 1600 tiller.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, I don’t think it has much to do with Northern Lite. I’m sure they don’t make the awning. So, I’d look for how to replace awning material in a search of youtube and find an example that is similar.

There are companies that sell replacement material and they probably have how tos on youtube. Good luck.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

bigfootgrey

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/20 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the 0P is replacing a interior window shade not an awning. NL installed it whether they made it or not

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/20 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

devildog1971 wrote:

the shade inside the camper by the sink began to discolor, Northern Lite sent a new one including frame, Northern Lite did this after seeing pictures without me asking I just wanted a opinion on what might have caused it. Northern Lite was great on promptly shipping a new one. Now the problem no directions to get to the screws that hold the frame and blind on the wall how do you take the sides on top off the old blind, do they just pry off with a push from a putty knife, or is there a easier way. This is our first Northern Lite, and it has not been used much because of a house fire that consumed most of last year and this year so far but that disaster headache is over now. I ned to fix my blind in the camper and take some time away from the farm.
We just removed the frame behind the sink/stove on our NL a few weeks ago. To gain access to the frame's mounting screws, you have to carefully pry/pop the 4 long, decorative inserts away from each side of the frame.

FWIW, you can flip the frame upside down and have the shade (and screen) close in the opposite direction if you'd like.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2019 Northern Lite 10-2
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.