cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atwood camper jack

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
One of the electric jacks on my Lane 1010 has given up the ghost. In digging around I see Atwood doesnt make them anymore. Anyone know where I might be able to track one down? IF not what did you do to replace the dead jack.

Ill talk to Lance next week and see what they say, they are always helpful but figured id ask here since ive gotten great info in the past.
John M
14 REPLIES 14

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
Thnaks Buzz, that was very helpful

Mike check you PMs, thanks
John M

Mike_Tassinari
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon John

I can help you as I was a test bed for Reico Titan jacks a few years ago. They wanted a heavy T/C (Lance 1172)and we replaced my Atwood jacks one at a time with a Reico Titan jack. The R/T jacks tracked perfectly with the Atwood jacks in all configurations.
Also an added bonus is the R/T jacks are a direct bolt on with no additional hardware needed.
R/T does recommend you purchase 2 jacks at a time.
So sitting in my shed is 4 Atwood HD jacks.
Thats my truck and T/C in the Truck Camper Magazine article.

Mike Tassinari
P/M me and we can work out the details
I live in eastern MA 20 miles north of Boston
2002 Ford-4x4-Extended Cab-Dually-Lariet-Powerstroke Diesel--4.10 gears--Ranchero Adjustable Shocks-55 Gallon Extended Fuel Tank--4 Extra Main Leaf Springs-1 Extra Helper Spring..Independant Second Altinator(100AMP)to Charge MY Twin 275 AH. Deep Cycle Battery Bank tucked under the truck bed....

2001 Lance-11&1/2 Ft.-Model 1121/slide/out with all the Toys&2000 Watt Inverter

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
JohnJM wrote:
Buzz do tyou have link to that a search I did, didnt turn it up. thanks. The weife reminded me last night we have another 1.5 yrs of college to pay for, so we need to make this caamper last. IF for no other reason than to go to Clemson tailgates 🙂

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/rieco-titan-announces-atwood-replacement-kit/
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
Buzz do tyou have link to that a search I did, didnt turn it up. thanks. The weife reminded me last night we have another 1.5 yrs of college to pay for, so we need to make this caamper last. IF for no other reason than to go to Clemson tailgates 🙂
John M

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
On Youtube the president of Reico swapped out one Atwood for one Reico and then operated everything with the Atwood Remote. He said they purposely engineered it that way.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
JohnJM wrote:
did you have a remote to run your atwood jacks? And if so did it stil work with the new replacements jack My guess is the remote just supplies power to the plug and it would work. Ill just be doing the one jack. a full set is a little pricey for what im willing to spend on this camper.

I had the single RT jack on for three weeks up and down the Florida keys. On and off the truck about ten times and it worked with the old remote. That being said the dealer I dealt with on Ebay recommended that I buy a new RT remote. He was sure the new remote would work but not sure the old remote would. But it did for me. The RT are far and away a better jack hands down!!!! I highly recommend but a little pricey for me too. I took out a two thousand dollar loan for one year and that covered everything I needed. Payed off in a year with little interest. They are basically take one off and put one on. I kept the old wires and camper mounts. One more thing to note is that the old set was sold with bad jack and everything in 3 days on eBay for 400 bucks. So the whole job was really 1600. Little diarrhea of the mouth!!! LOL

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
I changed to a reico titan when my Atwood went and it was plug and play. As stated you have to change the plug on the outside wall. I liked it so much I did the rest of them.......

Thanks! I’d been wondering what I was going to do if (when) one of my Atwood jacks fail. Just a matter of time, and the only thing I knew for sure is I wasn’t going to replace them with HJ.

I love it when someone Guinea Pig’s something like this for us!

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
did you have a remote to run your atwood jacks? And if so did it stil work with the new replacements jack My guess is the remote just supplies power to the plug and it would work. Ill just be doing the one jack. a full set is a little pricey for what im willing to spend on this camper.
John M

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
I changed to a reico titan when my Atwood went and it was plug and play. As stated you have to change the plug on the outside wall. I liked it so much I did the rest of them.

Pic of one of the new set.

While I was in the compartment I changed out and upgraded the convertor.

I liked them so much I took the stable lift completely off!

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
thanks im looking into the Reico Titan jacks now. hopefully it will solve my problem. ill report back what i find.
John M

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Geo*Boy wrote:
I am pretty sure Rieco-Titan makes a replacement jack.

yeah the Reico Titan is a plug and play replacement for the most part. It just requires you to swap the plug in socket on the camper. Otherwise it just bolts right up to your existing hardware and works with your existing remote

They will sell you a single jack too

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
its pretty well shot I think. loads fo rust, some stripped teeth in the jack etc. this should be such an easy fix but like most htings its not.
John M

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am pretty sure Rieco-Titan makes a replacement jack.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Finding single replacement is not going to be easy, but have you been able to test what exactly is wrong with old one?
Electric motors are rebuildable.