cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ordering a Artic Fox 5th Wheel

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Under normal times, what is the time from order to receiving a Artic Fox 27-5L?
14 REPLIES 14

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
racer4 wrote:
Are you thinking of Niemeyer Trailer Sales in MN?

Niemeyer or Mike Jones in Ohio. Both have good reps, Niemeyer is slightly better... But Mike Jones is almost directly on my route to FL ๐Ÿ™‚ We are stopping at MJ on our way to FL in a couple of weeks.

Our plan is to sell the TT early summer, after we've ordered the AF in March. I want the 5er before traveling to FL next Christmas, but after we get the 2022 SD ๐Ÿ™‚

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
frankwp wrote:
Call and ask. They'll know better than we will.

Real world experience beats lying dealers every day of the year.

One dealer said 3 months

Another 4-5 months

Another 6 months. This dealer also put me in touch with a factory rep, who was straight up honest with me, stated 6 months, but added who knows what the election results will bring us come next year.

Both 5th wheels that I have ordered arrived reasonably close to when they said they would. Maybe my experience was unusual.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

racer4
Explorer
Explorer
I think they post their current production runs on their facebook page. You could try scanning back through that to find a pattern.

Pre-covid, another Arctic Fox model, 32A travel trailer, was built every 10 months.

So probably the same 10 months between production runs for a 27-5L FW. They had a covid shut in the spring, which delayed the usual schedule.

I am thinking of ordering a 32A, so I have been studying.

Are you thinking of Niemeyer Trailer Sales in MN?
Chris and Pat
2023 Ram 3500 Limited, Cummins, Aisin, dually, Auto Flex Rear Air Ride Suspension
2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably if you figure a year you won't be too far off. Even if it shows up in 5 months, the wait will feel like a year. It should help you appreciate it even more once you get it, congratulations.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer I went into my dealer and seen a high country 374. he said he could have it in a week and sure enough it was here. All in time to head to Bristol for the race.

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like the factory rep was honest with you; so why not rely on what he told you?

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
frankwp wrote:

Real world experience beats lying dealers every day of the year.

One dealer said 3 months

Another 4-5 months

Another 6 months. This dealer also put me in touch with a factory rep, who was straight up honest with me, stated 6 months, but added who knows what the election results will bring us come next year.

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
Took us 5 months from the time we ordered till our 27-5L arrived at the dealer. Like others have said Northwood's production line is done by model runs so Northwood will be able to give you a good estimate.
Bill
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Twin Honda EU2000i Generators, Tri Metric Battery Monitor, Reese 5th. Airborne.

โ€œGoing to the mountains is going home.โ€ John Muir

fishhogg
Explorer
Explorer
Supply and build times could be set back with covid. We flew down to Portland Oregon in August 2019 from Alaska, ordered in October and picked up in December. Good Luck

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
I would call the factory and see what they say. See what they have on pending sold orders and what dealer would serve you best when you order. They may be in the middle of a run of what you want for your unit.
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
I know they donโ€™t have a huge dealer network for their trailers is there a dealer near you? Call a dealer or the factory .
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
frankwp wrote:

This.

Plus they make them in "runs", meaning they make certain models all at once. So yours could be next, or you could have ordered just a little too late. Your wait time most likely will depend on the schedule.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I could guess but didnโ€™t the dealer/manufacturer rep indicate a delivery date?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison