cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Repair Help?

rsmithtesiusa
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun Class C MH with a basic mechanical awning - gust of wind got it and pulled the top mounts loose. Did not come all the way off but the mounting bolts were pulled out about 3/4 of the way.

As a temporary fix I was able to screw the bolts back in and they got fairly tight, didn't want to go too for and strip them out any worse. The bolts appear to just be lag bolt type so must go into some kind of wood frame?

What are the odds I could use some kind of wood epoxy filler in the holes, put the trim back in track, and screw them back in? Anyone know what type of framing is behind there?

Any advice appreciated - TIA.
3 REPLIES 3

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine did this only at the bottom.....I put Gorilla glue construction caulking (not the glue) in the hole, and used a slightly larger lag bolt with fine thread (coated the threads too) and also applied caulk behind the bracket and just screwed it back in. Seems to be working just fine.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
More apt to have gone into the aluminum frame of rig and not wood. You maybe able to find slightly larger fine thread hex head screws.
Might be larger then these.
Screws

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rsmithtesiusa
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]