Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cameo slide out

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
Cameo slide out issue

Hi All I have a 2008 Cameo F35Sb3 and today one of my slide-outs would not function properly when trying to bring it in. It would move 6 inches then stop I would wait 10 sec and it would again move about 6 inches, after about three moves like this it comes all way in. tried this several times and same results. BTW goes out with no issues. So here are a couple of questions: Is this a bad power connection or is the slide-out motor starting to go. Where would the motor be on a Cameo underneath it is all sealed down there so cannot see.? it is the doorside slide out Would you access it from underneath or inside under the dinning and seating area? thanks for any reponses. cheers Peter
11 REPLIES 11

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
Peter,
you do not write if its a just stop and pause ( which indicates an electical issue ) or a mechanical issue
Oir 09 Cameo started the pause issue on doorside slide which indicated motor overload. By extending it an inch then bringing it back in we could eventually close the slide. Eventually the rear gear in the zipper panel mentioned in previous post stripped.
Age and increased friction was the cause as well as poor gear alignment.
Look at these previous threads I made for a cure. Pm me for more

rbw slideout gears ( orphan ) gears again
rbw sideout crown gears stripping
Max

Hi SD

As you are likely aware the slide out lifts up a bit before coming in.It feels like a power issue as it is hard to get going and does seem strong enough. it starts to move then it stops even with finger on button I can press button nothing happens, I wait about 5-10 seconds press the button againand it slowly moves again. Once it is in about 12 inches or so it comes in rest of the way ok.
its almost as if I don't have enough power to get it up and moving.

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
Petethescot wrote:
TimnJo wrote:
Could be your battery isn't fully charged.

Nope two brand new batteries.

Hi Ken
never got it.

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
TimnJo wrote:

Nope two brand new batteries.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Petethescot. I sent you a private message.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
handsome51 wrote:
If you look underneath the RV on the side with the slide problem.You should see a zipper panel. If you unzip the panel,you will see the slide motor for that slide. But like everyone has said, check out the electrical part first.

Cheers will do.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Peter,
you do not write if its a just stop and pause ( which indicates an electical issue ) or a mechanical issue
Oir 09 Cameo started the pause issue on doorside slide which indicated motor overload. By extending it an inch then bringing it back in we could eventually close the slide. Eventually the rear gear in the zipper panel mentioned in previous post stripped.
Age and increased friction was the cause as well as poor gear alignment.
Look at these previous threads I made for a cure. Pm me for more

rbw slideout gears ( orphan ) gears again
rbw sideout crown gears stripping
Max

handsome51
Explorer
Explorer
If you look underneath the RV on the side with the slide problem.You should see a zipper panel. If you unzip the panel,you will see the slide motor for that slide. But like everyone has said, check out the electrical part first.

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Follow the positive battery cable at battery, see where it goes. The circuit breaker usually within 3' or so.

Should be another same breaker for the landing gear. Just as a test, you could switch them. Should be same amp.

Jerry

Petethescot
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
It is easier for the slide to go out, than to bring it in. My thought, thing to check, is the circuit breaker, which often has auto reset. It would act like you mention, when under load. These breakers weaken over time, and yours may need to be replaced. It should be close to the battery, likely just inside the basement on the wall.

Jerry

Yes goes out with no issue,

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
It is easier for the slide to go out, than to bring it in. My thought, thing to check, is the circuit breaker, which often has auto reset. It would act like you mention, when under load. These breakers weaken over time, and yours may need to be replaced. It should be close to the battery, likely just inside the basement on the wall.

Jerry