Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Future Used RV Market
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Future Used RV Market

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The used vehicle market has never cared about an individual owners equity position. It's simply the number of units for sale relative to the number looking to purchase.

pulpwood007

Hemphill, TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please...my OP had no intentions of politics or statements regarding the pandemic. It only concerned the future of the RV market in relation to current buying habits.

Thanks,

2oldman

south

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pulpwood007 wrote:

Please...my OP had no intentions of politics or statements regarding the pandemic
We know.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And that's what my post stated (no politics involved)... I got so much more for my used rig than I thought I would get, yet I bought the NEW rig for a lot LESS than I thought I'd have to pay, it was WIN, WIN for me... [emoticon]

Mitch
[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/20 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found RVIA wholesale delivery figures through October. Year over year sales are actually down slightly vs 2019, but primarily due to idled factories in the spring. Towables lead sales, motorhomes are down around 5% from 2019.

pulpwood007

Hemphill, TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Found RVIA wholesale delivery figures through October. Year over year sales are actually down slightly vs 2019, but primarily due to idled factories in the spring. Towables lead sales, motorhomes are down around 5% from 2019.

You are correct. By record sales, I was referring more to the reported rush by first time buyers to get into camping. I don't know if the trailer market can be accurately compared to the automobile market. There is no doubt a car or truck depreciates rapidly, but it may be that a trailer depreciates even more rapidly, and the market is not as liquid.

Another issue to include is how well these currently built trailers are. What will many of them look like in a couple of years.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/20 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been traveling through this year. Many new owners have been very willing to listen when I have tried to help them at campgrounds if they looked like they needed help. Most of them said that they had been thinking about getting some form of RV but took the dive with covid making hotels less attractive. Most of them seemed to be in it for the long haul. Most of the people that I talked to were in TT's less than 24 ft. I did not talk to the people in the larger units because most of them were sitting inside enjoying their larger units.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/20 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems a lot of people on here are thinking that all the people who paid a small fortune for their RV are going to throw their arms up and put them up for sale for pennies on the dollar.

Don't count on it.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a fairly large RV dealer near me... their lot used to be RV's parked side by side by side... now they can barely cover the outside perimeter end to end. People are still buying.

We're considering selling our travel trailer late spring, as we're likely going to get a 5th wheel late next year.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A large dealer here in Texas told me that all ordered stock is sold before it arrives this fall.

What might bail out today's buyers is inflation. Prices are going up and seldom go down. Inflation is inevitable, A fellow in this park purchased a five year old Casita in June and has already turned down a thirty percent profit.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Future Used RV Market
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.